Pepper red lovely in the shade

cherrybeard

Hello, after glazing and waxing, the car looks superb in cloudy, overcast, shady and other similar conditions. Seems to change colours as you view it from different angles. When out in the sun, it can look a horrible orangey colour and just generally looks flat and not so shiny at all. It loses all the depth.

Some cars seem to relish in the sun, bringing out that luvverly waxed look.

Is it something i have to live with, having a pearlescent paint? Looks more like a metallic finish in the sun if you know what i mean? Is it the products im using? 3m imperial hand glaze and usually finish off with merguirs gold class but sometimes just leave the glaze unprotected since the wax always builds up in the stone chips and shows them up as white chips!

• 3 weeks later...
mine looks best after a 100 mile trip up and down the motorway, hides all the stonechips, scratches etc :cheers: :P

Have you tried a glaze mate? The 3m one i use is fantastic. It must have a lot of fillers in it because practically all of the swirl marks and small chips and scratches disapear. Only problem is that its not that hardwearing and will wash away after a few days of rain. If you seal it in with a wax then some of the larger chips show back up again but its a case of damned if you do, damned if you dont....

i aint really got time for 'detailing' as such, just a hose down, wash with turtle wax, bit of normal wax and thats about it

Ok mate just a suggestion for hiding small marks and stuff. Although, the times when you do decide to put some wax on after you wash it, i would definitely recommend using a shampoo with NO wax in it. Do you ever get a residue over the car using turtlewax?

I havnt really got time for detailing either!

Edited by cherrybeard

Glad it works for you, i might try out that new ice stuff thats being advertised by them. Most of the motor factors round ere are raving about it. Havnt actually washed the car in weeks now, it either rains cats and dogs or the sun bakes the wax on before i can buff it off!