Had a bit of a bump a few months ago

sidrick

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where did this happen, was it in the EE?

Blackburn to Westhill backroad. No, I avoided the paper, thank god.

Glad to see your Ok sidrick, and very lucky to have walked away... so how are you now? when you say f**ked shoulder, had you broke it? as said good to see your ok fella.

Physically I'm pretty much fine. Loads of other problems, but that's neither here nor there :-\

The shoulder, just tendon damage from the impact, still a bit sore after football or when I sleep on my right side, but fine the rest of the time.

• 1 month later...
I've recent had a letter through from the car tax folk demanding cash because the car isn't taxed or SORN :|

The recovery place that seperated it from the tree and scrapped it advertise on their site that they 'take care of all paperwork'.

Where do I stand on this? :-\

When they recovered it, they should off asked you for the V5, which they would off stamped and you'd send it off as scrapped. Try going to the place that scrapped it and ask them.

I've recent had a letter through from the car tax folk demanding cash because the car isn't taxed or SORN :|

The recovery place that seperated it from the tree and scrapped it advertise on their site that they 'take care of all paperwork'.

Where do I stand on this? :-\

When they recovered it, they should off asked you for the V5, which they would off stamped and you'd send it off as scrapped. Try going to the place that scrapped it and ask them.

Haha, well, there's a few problems.

The V5 was in the glovebox.

I have no idea who scrapped it. It was a website that you put the details into and they contact a local scrappy to collect it.

I wasn't there when it was collected.

I assumed that they would just send paperwork off to the DVLA to say it had been destroyed. :-\

Why is nothing simple? Looks like I'll be paying tax on a car that's in a cube somewhere.

Write a letter explaining that - there pretty good usually, and give the name of the company that took the car, dates it was taken/ in the accident etc

Aye, this was the plan. Just a bit of a ballache finding the paperwork and actually writing a letter. Not much choice though, beats paying a couple of hundered quid. Cnuts.