Anyone With Knowledge On Polishers

mykez69

My girlfriend is going to buy me a electric polisher for xmas,

Clark Polisher Clicky

was looking at this one today, i don't know which ones are any good, as i have never used one so basically asking for advice in which one to get,

or if you could recommend a decent one, would be appreciated

also looking for steam cleaners, mainly to sort out the mess engine bay i have, could anyone recomend one of these for me

thanks

I have a cheap silverline, tbh that's all you need, unless your going to be using it on tons of cars you dont need the best, if you want good makita is very good, but for beginner get a da as rotary can cause damage to paint in the wrong hands, polisher isn't what gets the results its the choice of pad polish and technique

iirc I got mine from kingdom tools,

Da = dual action it oscilates while rotating meaning less heat is generated than a rotary,

Dont be doing machine polishing weekly do I'd every 6 month min

ok thank you tez,

my paint isn't the best, so thought it be a lot easier with the polisher to get it mint, then it would be easier to keep on top of it by hand

any experiance with steam cleaners then matey?

Meguiars G220 gets a good review, but for a now and again use, probably not worth spending so much lol

Go for the megs G220 if u can mike, amazing machine. Make sure its a rotary polisher.

That doesnt make sense, the G220 is a dual action, not a rotary.

I have the £40 silverline too, its a decent tool, at a good price. As Tez says, they generate quite alot of heat and its easier to harm the paintwork with a rotary than it is with a DA.

And depending on what polish and pads you are using, you can use the machine for application every time you do it.

yep G220 is a DA, nice little unit i must say, small and fairly lightweight, silverline is a tad on the heavier side :( but at 40quid its great bargain!

if i were you starting out, get a DA, it tends to be very hard to damage anything then. I did do it backwards tho and got a Rotary stright away, but if you do then get some scrap panels from the breakers and practice!!! and even intentionally ruining the panel and pad, just to see where there limits are!

i only got a rotary as i had a good background to detailing and knew what to do, but even i still got some scrap panels first then proceeded with caution on my own car, and then went from there

link to silverline: click here

i got the orange one, as 900 is a good speed for spreading and refining and for applying any glazes etc