Spot the Motorcycle

TommyT

Taken from an e-mail I received

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa267/tom_otoole/untitled1.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa267/tom_otoole/untitled2.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa267/tom_otoole/untitled3-1.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa267/tom_otoole/untitled4.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words.

The Honda rider was traveling at such a 'very high speed', his reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident. Swedish Police estimate a speed of ~ 250 KM/h ( 155 mph) before the bike hit the slow moving car side-on at an intersection. At that speed, they predicted that the rider's reaction time (once the vehicle came into view) wasn't sufficient enough for him to even apply the brakes. The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them. The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 10 feet from where the collision took place.

All three involved (two in car and rider) were killed instantly. This graphic demonstration was placed at theStockholm Motorcycle Fair by the Swedish Police and Road Safety Department. The sign above the display also noted that the rider had only recently obtained his license.

At 250 KM ( 155 mph) the operator is traveling at 227 feet per second. With normal reaction time to SEE-DECIDE-REACT of 1.6 seconds the above operator would have traveled over 363 feet while making a decision on what actions to take. In this incident the Swedish police indicate that no actions were taken.

In other words, they didn't even have time to say, 'Oh, ####!'

I call Bullsh*t.

I dont think this is true, where have the doors gone? That aside, saying the doors were still attached, they must have been fully opened when he hit them. Even at 155 mph, a bike isnt going to pierce through a door, and have no effect on the otherside.

Just clearly isnt true.

id guess they were removed to get the bodys out and yes im guessing they repacked it.

as a biker i would say no the car wasnt at fault as obviously he shouldnt have been doing that speed. begs to ask if they looked left and rite but at that speed im sure you'd expect a wee bit more time when pulling out lol

At 250 KM ( 155 mph) the operator is traveling at 227 feet per second. With normal reaction time to SEE-DECIDE-REACT of 1.6 seconds the above operator would have traveled over 363 feet while making a decision on what actions to take. In this incident the Swedish police indicate that no actions were taken.

In other words, they didn't even have time to say, 'Oh, ####!'

I thought this was faked.

I call Bullsh*t.

I dont think this is true, where have the doors gone? That aside, saying the doors were still attached, they must have been fully opened when he hit them. Even at 155 mph, a bike isnt going to pierce through a door, and have no effect on the otherside.

Just clearly isnt true.

i agree that it cant be true

155mph is a little optimistic for a 400cc enigne, lol.... 130 may be but not much more

and surely, with how tight that gap is, the rider would of been pushed backwards off the bike?

I recon the rider would have gone straight over the top.

155mph is a little optimistic for a 400cc enigne, lol.... 130 may be but not much more

and surely, with how tight that gap is, the rider would of been pushed backwards off the bike?

I recon the rider would have gone straight over the top.

yeah....

with the possibillity of his arms getting ripped off if still holding on. his arms go insdie, then his face and body hit the side/top of the car, then carry on over it.