engine bay bufty!

Simonez

Hello guys

tackled the subaru impreza engine bay, to make it look alot better than it was!

so off i went, armed with a few goodies which i purchased from a couple of companys, so thought id tackle it and get it looking alot better :)

dont think it had been cleaned since new, with only 28k on the clock it was quite dirty and had collected alot of unwanted dirt over the years!

Products used:

Chemical Guys Degreaser

Megs APC 10:1

range a brushes (soft and hard)

Microfibres

a couple of plastice bags :P

Chemical Guys new look trim gel

the pic before!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/simonez/DSC01449-1.jpg

as you can see was coated in dust / and other bits of dirt,

so i covered all the electrical parts with plastic bags, and off i went, i soaked the engine in chemical guys degreaser, and left it for around 5mins, then aggitated with a few brushes which i got from my local tescos, which worked a treat!

after loosing loads of skin from brushing in awkward places, it then rinsed it all off, using just the hose a steady stream of water all over the engine components, this made a huge difference immediatly, could tell the difference after this stage,

then went over with a mf and got most of the excess water up, then i sprayed the engine with megs APC, and left it to dwell for 5mins then aggitated again with brushes etc, then wiped off with a mf, glad i did this, as is came up even better then!

i then set about apply the new look trim gel, from chemical guys, used an mf to apply this and it turned out well

heres the end result pic, took a good couple of hours, but was worth it!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/simonez/07122008134.jpg

going to give it a proper going over when it warms up abit! blummin cold weather doesnt help at all! haha

going to get some Samco hoses for it also, to replace the dull black ones, and then change the prodrive blue one which comes off the turbo, should spruce it up that little bit more :)

cheers guys!

yer the cheap stuff is good i must admit, but got the chemical guys stuff cheap, and wanted to try it,

and i enjoy the detailing world, so dont mind spending that lil extra on products :)

Daisy APC from tesco is good stuff to :D

and yer was a pain and a half to do, lost alot of skin during the clean haha!

:cheers:

and lordjc will do yours anytime chap :)

Edited by Simonez

• 4 weeks later...
That looks great now mate..WTF does APC stand for?

Think ill do the volvos one day as i wanna do bits to my engine bay..may drill the airbox before i start back at work.

APC = All purpose Cleaner

and thanks for the offer about the filter, but ill stick with my STi panel filter

:cheers: