Awesome Gti Rolling Road Day

Gonzo0

i thought it was a good day, i come down in the red zetec-s on the Azevs

managed to get it on after all you's evo guys had been done and dusted.

mine ran 114bhp at the fly 104bhp at the wheels

108ft/lb torque

was made up with the results on a standard motor, roll on the shawspeed cams, then back for another session.

was a good day all in all, some mint motors went.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was a good day, good 2 have a chat to a few and see some of the motors run, did take quite a few pics but havent got my laptop with me at the minute so will upload them later on.

Gonzo it was me that gave u the ratchet mate, hope you get it on soon fidly job thats why mine is still just tighteed up since ford fair

Now for an uber write up lol...

What a fcuking awesome event :cheers: .....I set off at at 8:30am on Sat for a quick trip to awesome which is about 30mins away, didnt have a long day planned.....I have just returned well over 24hrs later lol. I got talked into the night out and glad i did, this is what Evo is all about, Awesome people..... :cheers:

The day at Awesome was great, really professional place. Neil from Fast Ford was a soung bloke too :thumb: And agreed with me on the muffin debate lol its going in the magazine, so we can spread the good name of the muffin nationwide and correct the idiots who call them teacakes lol....

My car ran 127bhp on the rollers, whether the rollers are accurate or not who cares, its just abit of fun and the laughs on the day are what its about. Even if its not accurate i am still somewhere near standard power, so im happy.....

The day was great, massive thanks to Trig for organising it, Fast Ford for attending and everyone that came :thumb: . I was all set to go home when talk of the night out started and i got tempted and thought why not. So after me, Wayne and Lee driving round for about 3 hours looking for somewhere to stay we finally managed to get a lovely suite in the same place the others were staying lol....Once sorted we went and met the others at the Harvester for a few beers and laughs and talk of rape :cheers: Then we all headed back to the Hotel where DanPoss, Trig, DanGTi and Caroline called it a night but me, Wayne and Lee decided to have some more beers in the hotel, until they refused to serve us anymore....Turning money away when there is a credit crunch on, Unbelievable :O .....So we then decided to get a taxi into town and see what was happening, Trig, you can never call my area again, the place is a Shite hole lol...it was like Beirut, everyone was just brawling :roll: Loads of wanna be gangsters strolling about. Anyway we still had a few beers there then got back to the Hotel at 4:30am, where we seen possibly the Freakiest, yet Funniest thing i have ever seen in my life.....A woman sleepwalking around the hotel reception completely naked.... :roll: :roll:

What a evening, so many random things happened, we could probably write a book about it.....Deffo gonna have to write some of the quotes up :roll: :roll:

Big Thank you Wayne, Lee, Trig, Dan & Caroline and DanPoss.....It was a pleasure :cheers:

And finally can i just state, I was not involved in a rape and definately no raping took place, Thank you :roll: :roll: :roll:

Edited by MIKE W

Sounds like another great & succsessful EVO event, glad everyone enjoyed themselves.

Night out sounded mental lol, naked sleepwalking mike? you serious. :pancake:

As mentioned already, its the members that make these events & socials just what they are.

Appologies for not making this but so many things going on atm. :(

Nice to see EVO making another feature in FF too.

Big well done to Trig for making this possible & successfully getting FF along, big hats off to you fella. :cheers:

Night out sounded mental lol, naked sleepwalking mike? you serious. :pancake:

Mate, im deadly serious. At first i thought i had, had to many beers and imagined it and turned to Lee and said "did i really see that" and the look on his face told me i hadnt imagined it lol....Then Lee made me laugh by calmly saying to the Night porter "Hey fella, do you know a naked woman has just gone in your kitchen"....to which he quickly replied "fcuk off" pmsl....But sure enough, she came wandering out again like a zombie.....

Bongo, sadly no pics mate but seriously you wouldnt wanna see it, it was like a walrus lol....

Stoney has my printout so cant remember figuers but on my second run i got a top speed of 115MPH, 5mph faster than a standard 1.6 wooo

my standard 1.6 will do over 125mph in 4th....

:roll: I do hope your not serious.

Anyway looked like an absolutely cracking day out, those golfs sounded insane too, wouldve be awesome seeing them :thumb:

Awesome day and night!!! Big thanks to all and the evning was awesome - Trig, Dan, Mike, Wayne, Lee :cheers:

The cossie was not in the best of health. Needed a new battery the morning before and was running a bit crap. Drove up and the car cleared itself only to show me that the clutch was F*CKED. And the car was running a little lean as well (which i knew about)

So with a clutch described by FastFord as a bit sh*t, it made 300@the wheels, 326 at the fly. With some new injectors, clutch and i good remap it should see a nice little increase!! Well happy.

After the evening (which i'll leave others to comment on!), came out to our tightly packed in cars to find i had a damn puncture! Got the space saver on an drove 200 miles at a little more than 50mph! :rolleyes: :thumb:

Bongo, sadly no pics mate but seriously you wouldnt wanna see it, it was like a walrus lol....

Well, better that than Wayne stretching you..........

After the evening (which i'll leave others to comment on!), came out to our tightly packed in cars to find i had a damn puncture! Got the space saver on an drove 200 miles at a little more than 50mph! :rolleyes: :thumb:

Haha we need a pic of our parking, It was something silly like 5 cars in 3 spaces lol....

Good to see you made it home safely buddy :cheers:

Stoney has my printout so cant remember figuers but on my second run i got a top speed of 115MPH, 5mph faster than a standard 1.6 wooo

my standard 1.6 will do over 125mph in 4th....

lol the 1.8's were bouncing there limiters at around that speed...