Outlook Problem

Mike C

I keep getting an error message come up when I try and open Outlook (Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 I think it is).

It says:

"Cannot open your default e-mail folders. The file C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file"

Google brings up plenty of articles regarding the solution, which involves going into control panel and then onto the "Mail" icon. One problem though. I do not have a "Mail" icon on my Control Panel!

So now where do I go?

:cheers:

I have had this problem only once and it turned out to be a problem from a security program pre-installed by Acer that was a complete nightmare.

I assume you would have had Outlook working previously though and this isn't a new installation?

Are you able to open the program or does it error and exit? if you are able to get into the program you could try going into accounts and making a new save file (backup the previous one you cant open and try and import it?)

It's on Classic, but there's no "Mail" Icon. That doesn't matter now as I've found another way of getting into the same screen you get from clicking on the "Mail" icon (simply right click on Outlook>Properties)

It's Windows XP x64, Microsoft Office Outlook 2007