Streaming from laptop to PS3

Craig855S

Right,i wanna watch things from my laptop on my TV in a couple of weeks.. (COUGH round about the time Lost season 5 starts and im skyless COUGH) but how do i go about doing it..

I have a laptop with wireless

BT home hub wireless

PS3

Samsung HD tele with wiselink, HDMI and scart

Is it possible to get the laptop to stream video or send data to the PS3 via the hub or just straight through? Or could i transfer an AVI file from the laptop to the PS3 using a USB stick drive and play a AVI thru the PS3? or could i use the monitor out on the laptop?

Laptop has a 15 pin female plug at the back (VGA out?)

could i get a lead to go from the latop to the tele?

Ideally i wanna stream..if its possible

Right,i wanna watch things from my laptop on my TV in a couple of weeks.. (COUGH round about the time Lost season 5 starts and im skyless COUGH) but how do i go about doing it..

I have a laptop with wireless

BT home hub wireless

PS3

Samsung HD tele with wiselink, HDMI and scart

Is it possible to get the laptop to stream video or send data to the PS3 via the hub or just straight through? Or could i transfer an AVI file from the laptop to the PS3 using a USB stick drive and play a AVI thru the PS3? or could i use the monitor out on the laptop?

Laptop has a 15 pin female plug at the back (VGA out?)

could i get a lead to go from the latop to the tele?

Ideally i wanna stream..if its possible

well when i was setting up my xbox media center i just set up a partition on my comp and shared it over the network and it automatically picked it up on the xbox. i would think it was as easy as that

how do u set up a partition without formatting the hard drive..and how do u share it over the network,how do u network the laptop and the PS3,via the home hub,or an ethernet cable or what?!

what id do is set up both via cat5 cables but wireless should be fine! im sure you can set up a shared folder by right clicking on the folder and selecting share.

turn on the ps3 and search for the network share and you should be able to see what is in the folder

right

yes, you can use your pc/laptop to fileshare over a network to a ps3

yes you can do it through a router

yes it does stream,

on the ps3 under videos music and photos section etc, if you have media centre sharing setup properly you will see your pc/laptop listed

click on the pc/laptop listed on the ps3, then you can broser through the folders, that you have set your pc/laptop to share

to be honest, windows media centre is crap for sharing,

use Tv versity, much much better, and a hassle free setup

hope this helps

Edited by mykez69

right

yes, you can use your pc/laptop to fileshare over a network to a ps3

yes you can do it through a router

yes it does stream,

on the ps3 under videos music and photos section etc, if you have media centre sharing setup properly you will see your pc/laptop listed

click on the pc/laptop listed on the ps3, then you can broser through the folders, that you have set your pc/laptop to share

to be honest, windows media centre is crap for sharing,

use Tv versity, much much better, and a hassle free setup

hope this helps

cheers man,ill get that and try and set it up soon

HOI, fcuker, THERE'S A NEW SECTION FOR THIS SHITE.

woopsy! where are the mods when u need em