pc prob

Benny

1GB isn't enough for Vista really.. i'd be looking at 4GB+ for Vista to run happily (anyone who says it's fine on less hasn't run it on 4+).

7gb free space on C: is fine too.. don't waste your time defragmenting.

ran vista ultimate on 2gb for ages, and never had a problem! didnt last long mind, compared to the rest, but also depends on your other hardware to!

ran 4gb and now i run 8gb with Vista Ultimate! but i do agree it eats ram

Edited by Simonez

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said happily. If you run it on 4gb, and then 8gb, then obviously you appreciate the benefits or you wouldn't have increased the memory!

It uses the RAM for good things. People get the wrong idea.

I said happily. If you run it on 4gb, and then 8gb, then obviously you appreciate the benefits or you wouldn't have increased the memory!

It uses the RAM for good things. People get the wrong idea.

increased the memory due to gettin 8gb for about £30 so couldnt complain, gets a score of 5.1 in the vista rating! lol

ram 2gb for a good year or so, after some serious gaming you could tell the difference, but now after a couple of hours on cod:waw on max its still rock solid :)

Edited by Simonez

Yeah that isn't how the memory management works in Vista though. If you're just doing one thing it'll seem fine, even possibly with 1GB. The cachining in Vista is there to allow multiple apps to run fast - that is where you notice the difference.

Yeah that isn't how the memory management works in Vista though. If you're just doing one thing it'll seem fine, even possibly with 1GB. The cachining in Vista is there to allow multiple apps to run fast - that is where you notice the difference.

yer quite a complex operating system, cheers dude!