red rings

reaper tw4

i got the 3 red rings last night as warenty ran out 2 days b4 cn some bit on youtube of how u cn repair but wanna try c if xbox can do it cos u get another 3 yr warrenty from them how shall i send it to them out of warrenty? Edited by reaper tw4

try calling the number on the warranty, im sure they still repair the 3 red rings even out of warranty, but i cant be 100% on this

give them a call and they will expalin what you need to do / where to send item etc.

they might even arrange the courier for you (when my laptop went down with a fault they arranged it all for me at no cost to me)

I was told when mine came up with the 3 red rings out of warranty it would cost £65. If they've said no charge then get it done quick. I managed to get out of paying. ;)

My son has had 3 red rings, been repaired, then the disc drive pooped, been replaced, then had one red light and could'nt be repaired so we got him another 360 last weekend.

• 2 months later...

I know this is and old topic but I thought I would say that I have just got the Red Ring of Death for the 3rd time!!!!! Both other times it has been fixed for free but now it is going to cost me £60..... FFS!!!!!! :censored: :nutter: :vangry:

problem after problem lol

well i think i read sumwhere that if u have had the 3 ring then got it repair u get another 3 years warrenty ?? not sure if thats true lol

After they fix it you only get a 1 year warrenty.

Haha mines just done the same, about 3 months out of warranty. But because I have one of the newer machines they have renamed the fault E74, and now say that you have to pay for it (more than the machines worth).

Going to have a go at fixing it myself and do a few mods to the cooling system, nothing to lose at the mo :roll: Get all the parts I need free from work :D

Will let you know how I get on..

• 2 weeks later...
I ended up getting THIS from ebay to fix my xbox. It worked!!!!! Glad I didnt pay microsoft to fix it now. Well worth £6 IMO.

Pretty much the same as I did with mine, I'm going to put some thing underneath the board as well to apply pressure to the middle of the chips, rather than the edges. couple of large washers to the right hight should do it I think :)

• 2 weeks later...
I ended up getting THIS from ebay to fix my xbox. It worked!!!!! Glad I didnt pay microsoft to fix it now. Well worth £6 IMO.

Pretty much the same as I did with mine, I'm going to put some thing underneath the board as well to apply pressure to the middle of the chips, rather than the edges. couple of large washers to the right hight should do it I think :)

and that full worked????

it does work mate, apparently the RROD is caused because there is not enough breathing space on/around the chips because they used the wrong washers or something like that........ so this kit will give the XBOX a bit more room to breath inside with the bigger washers/nuts whatever it is.