polishing with a twin handle rotary polisher

DJ

just a couple of things really......

i got hold of a brand new twin handle rotary car polisher today, i dont know if its any good but its new and it works soooooo......

what is the best way of getting the best results out of it?

with the car being an N reg shes getting on a bit and i would like to get rid of the swirls (wrinkles lol)

whats the best method and products to use?

ive got the usual AG SRP and the deep shine stuff aswell,are these any good so i dont have to go out spending again tomorrow?

get yourself on cleanyourcar.co.uk

they do a decent sonus kit, and the menz stuf is awesome too

a stage 3 polish set is the best to get rid of swirls,

the twin handle thing you bought probably won't do much to be honest, what make is it?

they have no speed control (but could be wrong) which is pretty important for starting out using mashine polishes

becarefull with rotary polisher, you can burn through paint if your not carefull, get a scrap panel and see how far you can go without ruining the paint

i swear by a DA for a first time user at machine polishing,

any q's just ask mate

Is it one of those halfords buffer things? If so there shite, if it's a proper rotary, be very aware you may damage your paint without prior practice, I got couple of scrap panels and practiced, and also destroyed the panel on purpose just to know what to looknout for and how far you can actually go,

As mykez says, CYC do good products, not even worth trying to remove swirls with the stuff you have, I have tried few brands of polishes and I still stick by my trusty menzerna :) get a sample kit from CYC which has all the polishes you would ever need

Since others have missed out one of your important bits, I will give you my answer.

You have SRP, its a fantastic product, really. Its a good filler, with a touch of abrasive, so it will hide light swirls more than it will actually cut them out. even if you have a crap machine, its still easier to apply and work it with the machine than by hand. when using SRP, you need to work it and break it down, make sure you dont overheat the panel though, if it starts getting warm, back off.

Once you have been over the car and worked it in, you should see a very noticeable difference, but you need to seal your hard work or the fillers will wash out over your next couple of washes. If you have a wax, or have access to any, get some on, make sure its a very thin layer. if not and you are willing to dip your hand into your pocket, a good cost effective product is Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection, just follow the instructions and your car should look that good for a good bit of time.