he returns..

rs2k2008

The maturity of some people here astounds me.

When you are that good at your job, and you become that successful, then, and only then, should you have room to comment.

Smacks of jealousy to me though, somebody envious?

Not at all, i'm good at what I do, but still think he is an idiot, specially for wanting to "spend time alone" with the car before he bought it...

u ever thought he wants to check what hes buying without a salesman or someone chirping in his ear? if detailings his job surely the car he's gonna use to advertise his work needs to be pristeen? if the paintworks not its best (bad batch of paint etc) he's not gonna want to take it home and have a Shite looking promotion car is he?

id find his job very boring and very tediouse but thats me. but he seems VERY good at what he does (even if i do call it a bit anal) wish i was as good at my job as he is :)

The maturity of some people here astounds me.

When you are that good at your job, and you become that successful, then, and only then, should you have room to comment.

Smacks of jealousy to me though, somebody envious?

Not at all, i'm good at what I do, but still think he is an idiot, specially for wanting to "spend time alone" with the car before he bought it...

could people not think your an idiot for boxing? i like boxing and id love to take it up as a hobby one day but alot of people see it (for what it is) fully grown blokes punching Shite out of eachother damaging themselfs. different strokes for different folks i suppose :)

Even when he did look at it, and took it home, he took X amount of layers of paint off anyway so would have made no difference (look at the hoot...it had loads of scratches he missed with his little "alone time" he had with the car, but 2 strokes of his magic brush ...literally...and all the scratches had gone)

Just seems wierd to me a man who can basically make a car look brand new, wants to spend some alone time with the car to "inspect it" before he buys it, even when he knows fine well he is going to make it look brand new regardless of its condition.

Even when he did look at it, and took it home, he took X amount of layers of paint off anyway so would have made no difference (look at the hoot...it had loads of scratches he missed with his little "alone time" he had with the car, but 2 strokes of his magic brush ...literally...and all the scratches had gone)

Just seems wierd to me a man who can basically make a car look brand new, wants to spend some alone time with the car to "inspect it" before he buys it, even when he knows fine well he is going to make it look brand new regardless of its condition.

So, you dont actually understand what he did, or why he did it, but feel the need to ridicule and criticise?

its easy to jump on this whole detailing thing and say its great but really its for people with supercars that spend more time parked in a heated garage than outside... or professionals like this guy to do, not the 100s of car enthusiast who've bought some expensive polish and call themselves detailers. Personally I think its incredibly pointless on a road car and that the guy is completely anal retentive. I do laugh quite a bit when i see threads about detailing £500 cars people use for every day

but its obviously jealousy as i just can't get my car that clean and shiney

its easy to jump on this whole detailing thing and say its great but really its for people with supercars that spend more time parked in a heated garage than outside... or professionals like this guy to do, not the 100s of car enthusiast who've bought some expensive polish and call themselves detailers. Personally I think its incredibly pointless on a road car and that the guy is completely anal retentive. I do laugh quite a bit when i see threads about detailing £500 cars people use for every day

but its obviously jealousy as i just can't get my car that clean and shiney

Why should something be exclusively for people with supercars because its actualy valuable? Should you only be allowed on a track with super cars because there is no point putting a Mondeo on one?

There is a real value to taking such care of your car, it keeps the value up. My missus car for example, doesnt have a single scratch on the bodywork, only 1 stone chip on it anywhere, from 8 months of daily driving and 7500 miles. It is easily worth more than an equivilant car with a few scratches and a couple of scuffs.

I'm with trig on this I read it on a vaux site ages ago as my mates into his griffins :-( but if your cars going to show ppl what you can do then it needs to be done and done right

Would any of you get your car painted by a bloke that leaves big runs and massive orange peal all over it ??

If your going to spend your hard erned cash on some thing wouldn't you want it to be the best that you could aford

Scratches and chips do my head in big time