Oh my god!!! :(

**caz**

I am work, and its really quiet so decided to go out and wash my car as it was in desperate need....

I used the same stuff used on the vehicles at work....BUT

as the water starts to come away ....it reveals a really pink car :vangry:

Its like the top layer/s have been removed :( Ive just gone over with it some polish (dont know the name) and then with auto glym super resin polish...but there are still pathces on it now that are really pink :nutter:

I cant spend any more time on it while im at work but i dont know what else to do...i just feel like crying :unsure:

Anyone know why this has happened...or how this could of happened....or what to do about it?!?

x

Moved to the correct section.

sorry! :innocent: I didn't know where to put it! lol

x

No problem pinky. :pancake:

Sounds like you need it mopping, cutting as the top layer of paint has become faded.

This happens if red cars are not kept well protected from the sun with a good wax.

Moved to the correct section.

sorry! :innocent: I didn't know where to put it! lol

x

No problem pinky. :pancake:

Sounds like you need it mopping, cutting as the top layer of paint has become faded.

This happens if red cars are not kept well protected from the sun with a good wax.

Well it wasn't like it before, and chattin to other people they reckon that i may have used a tar remover and the stuff at work was prob too strong...explaning why it did what it did, it was worse than sun damage on a red car!! ive not seen anything like it.... :unsure:

But!

I have just nipped back out of work cos i couldn't leave it and just polished it up taking a bit more time and seems that it should be ok but oh my god...i was devastated when i saw it!

x

G3 like i said im a previous pm...

Dont follow this advice, its not the best thing for your car.

You need a mild abrasivve to take the clearcoat back a little bit (not alot like G3 does), I use Menzerna finial Finish 106 for this, but you could get something similar, but working it by hand would take a little while

You need a mild abrasivve to take the clearcoat back a little bit (not alot like G3 does), I use Menzerna finial Finish 106 for this, but you could get something similar, but working it by hand would take a little while

came out fine on mine along with claying wax and polishing it....

the pink blemishes i had have gone...

all trig is saying is you dont need something as aggressive as g3

In all fairness I would myself take Trigs advice even over my own experiences, I had very good results with my radiant red but if he said "not wise" I would ask what better then go for it as i know he looks very deep into this particular subject. :thumb: