Burnout

I know it's not a shunt but I thought this was worth a thread. My husbands Peugoet 405 caught fire in the carpark two years ago . Neighbour knocked on the door at about 8 pm and said 'Umm, I think your car's caught fire'. Talk about understatement.

What do you think a fixer or no?

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll138/jackie47620/CAR26.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll138/jackie47620/CAR29.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll138/jackie47620/CAR30.jpg

Get to the shops and buy yourself some T-cut! A bit of elbow grease and you'll never know!

Ha, ha, :roll:

That's what I like......optimism! Lol.

I'm not sure that there's enough T-cut that would fix that. Maybe some of that 'Magic Cream' that they use on childrens knees and elbows.

Not a fixer..why...you still got it sat there?

:rolleyes: No - car is long gone :roll: Was only joking about fixing it. Lol

Get to the shops and buy yourself some T-cut! A bit of elbow grease and you'll never know!

Ha, ha, :roll:

That's what I like......optimism! Lol.

I'm not sure that there's enough T-cut that would fix that. Maybe some of that 'Magic Cream' that they use on childrens knees and elbows.

Not a fixer..why...you still got it sat there?

:rolleyes: No - car is long gone :roll: Was only joking about fixing it. Lol

I'd bet JML will sell a polish that'd sort it! :roll:

bit fucked lol, what caused it?

Lol. Don't really know for sure. We think it was a short somewhere under the bonnet that had been arcing for a while before it caught. Smelled something smouldering in the air for a while before and just thought it was someone throwing junk on a bonfire nearby

Edited by JackiesGotANewCar

how much was that lowered at the front??

same happened to my bro,borrowed his mate's montego to take his wife to maternity, whilst in the hospital the nurse asked him if he owned said car, it was only on fire in the car park while his wife was about to give birth...ended up a bit like yours but not so bad..

shame it didn't take the other piles of crap parked near it out too :(

you sure that pic isn't in a scrap yard... when was the last time anyone else saw a mk2 astra on the road???

You know, I wish it had. :( All those cars belonged to the man next door and he had another one out of shot as well - only one of them was drivable. The council eventually told him to move them. :cheers:

Nice.

How did you end up putting the fire out?

All my neighbours from down the row of houses came out with hoses and buckets until the fire engine arrived. They were all brilliant. Even the people we didn't really get on with came out to help. I guess thats just village life. We all get together when it matters. :))