essex meet, maybe southend?

shane-h

i spotted in another thread the mitch gti, charley and mutley were discussing a possible idea of a meet? would this be likely to happen as i'd take the 100 odd mile drive up for the evening?

just thought id post up, if this is wrong then please close/delete :unsure:

Saturday nights are good for saaaafend, but can't remember what the best day during the month that EVERYONE goes down ther. However every FRi/Sat there is always cars.

Should we just decide a date ? last Saturday of August ? that way enough time to spread the word and get loadsa people there ?!

:cheers:

Saturday nights are good for saaaafend, but can't remember what the best day during the month that EVERYONE goes down ther. However every FRi/Sat there is always cars.

Should we just decide a date ? last Saturday of August ? that way enough time to spread the word and get loadsa people there ?!

last sat is good for us, that way i can arrange a babysitter for the youngest 3 lol

for a meet your better off picking a night through the week (less old bill and tossers), theres always a load of fords down the front on the first wednesday of the month, might be worth taking a wander down there then

good point about the old bill etc but as in my original question, its a 100 mileish trip to southend so a weekday is out of the question for me, also, i my experience from various club meets, saturday nights is usually best and most people gets the weekend off meaning they havent got early starts on the sunday

just my opinion though :rolleyes:

Edited by shane-h

last sat is good for us, that way i can arrange a babysitter for the youngest 3 lol

for a meet your better off picking a night through the week (less old bill and tossers), theres always a load of fords down the front on the first wednesday of the month, might be worth taking a wander down there then

good point about the old bill etc but as in my original question, its a 100 mileish trip to southend so a weekday is out of the question for me, also, i my experience from various club meets, saturday nights is usually best and most people gets the weekend off meaning they havent got early starts on the sunday

if your down ther as a club and your not driving like an idiot, do the OB still get funny ?

if your down ther as a club and your not driving like an idiot, do the OB still get funny ?

im not too sure if they still move people on, it does get a bit manic on a saturday night (not that i go down there anymore being an old git)

i do pop down there every now and then through the week and its a lot more enjoyable (not full of silly bodykitted slow/crap cars)

yeah, it aint an 'official' organised meet, to the OB its a group of lads in a carpark, they have every right to move you on unfortunatly, but i havnt seen and repots of the OB moving anyone else on

i'm paranoid about the OB. Being an 18 year old in a GTi looks a bit suspicious. Saying that, the police followed me everywhere im my XR!

im not too sure if they still move people on, it does get a bit manic on a saturday night (not that i go down there anymore being an old git)

never to old to 'cruise' are ya ? :P

yeah, it aint an 'official' organised meet, to the OB its a group of lads in a carpark, they have every right to move you on unfortunatly, but i havnt seen and repots of the OB moving anyone else on

i'm paranoid about the OB. Being an 18 year old in a GTi looks a bit suspicious. Saying that, the police followed me everywhere im my XR!

na just outgrown it realy

dont worry about the old bill, they followed me for no reason what so ever the other night and im 27 in a gti

na just outgrown it realy

dont worry about the old bill, they followed me for no reason what so ever the other night and im 27 in a gti

take the old bill following as a good sign, at least they're actually checking cars that way instead of hiding in bushes with their speed camaras making money for the crimbo party lol

also age is just a number as im 33 next week and still regularly go to clubs meets around the south

also age is just a number as im 33 next week and still regularly go to clubs meets around the south

good good. . . at least someone does. Shame no one from Essex shares the same enthusiasm !! We need an Essex meet which consits of more than Mutley, Charley and I. . . lol

finally sorted my signature, it will do untill i figure out how to do all the cool effects on Adobe PS. . .hmmm. . . :unsure:

There are plenty of good ford based meets in essex already with other clubs and high attendance levels,perhaps this is why the essex one on this site has low turn outs or lack of get up and go

I don't see why they would affect another forum meet, not every on here is with another club ?(