Re-birth of Essex Meet

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Essex is a big place. If it were me, i'd look at what other local counties are not covered by any meets and where the numbers lie as there aren't really enough people in Essex alone for a decent size meet - Evo simply isn't that big. I think meets would be more successful if they were regional, eg South East, South West, Central, etc.

Essex could cover East London, Kent or Suffolk - I think the numbers of those regions should dictate where the meet is held. Basildon isn't really super close to any of those.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be a good idea to use that member map thing to figure out where everyone is and work out regions from that. This is a bit out of scope for this thread though and perhaps should go into the suggestions forum!

I'll have a look at it later when I'm not at work and got a bit more time.

It has been suggested before about the regions and as far as I am aware it is something being looked into for the new site but nothing is in stone as yet so it is left to the members to arrange the meets as and when we want and in what areas.

i dont want to sound funny but why dont we just organise an essex meet as the original post, and if people are interested in doing a south east meet then perhaps they should try and come along to the meet and show thier interest in person.

This post has been going for long enough for people to show interest and im afraid they didnt untill the poll was added to the post and i think we should have the meet at basildon and then perhaps at a later date we could look at a larger area.

Why dont we look into having a meet once a month in different areas as i suggested earlier on in the thread this would be able to cover a larger area

I'm not going to change this meet from an Essex meet to a larger area meet at this moment in time as there hasn't been that much interest, it looks so far like Sat 4pm is the most popular time and the only real place suggested and agreed with is Basildon Festival Leisure. The poll will stay open until Friday night and then I will look at the results and arrange a meet as per the results. If people then don't attend then it will go back to being on a Sunday in the afternoon as it was previously.

I would like to ensure that everyone is kept happy but that can't always happen!

With regards to having a larger area meet if there is enough interest then this can be looked into properly and we can alternate the meet location depending on the area but if people aren't prepared to travel further than 1mile from their house the meet won't work unless everyone lives within 1mile of each other.

Lakeside/Bluewater area? Loads of places to eat and you could even bring the wives and tell them to go buy shoes while you "look after the car..."

They aren't realy the sort of places you could have a meet, those sort of places just seem to attract chavs on a weekend evening, i know i wouldn't be interested in meeting up at a shopping centre