XBOXLive gold problem

shawdreamer

right, try and keep up with me ere....

my old Xbox360 was getting tempremental so I went out and picked up a brand spanking new Elite 120gb system yesterday.

as the old'un was playing up I didnt see the point of renewing my Xboxlive Gold subscription and instead I let it run out with the intention of renewing it at a later date.

so new system out the box, transfered my old profiles from the old system into this newun and just now I went about renewing my gold membership online..... all went through and my main profile indicated that it indeed now had Gold membership and when tested worked exactly as it was supposed to.

swapped profile to my more used profile (dont really use the first profile all that much anymore) and attempted to sign into xboxlive to have a quick game of halo3 matchmaking......and it says I only have Silver membership on that profile?????

my problem is this....... why does one of my profiles have Gold membership yet on the same system my other profile only has Silver, tried messing with the "access settings" and found bugger all....am I missing something ere cos the last time I paid out for gold it covered all my profiles for online play and now this time it only seems to allow the one I used to sign into Xboxlive.com and renew'ed with?

someone please gimme a pointer ere before I take a hammer to the new Elite system :pancake:

doesn't it only cover one account? otherwise you could have mates import their profile (when on silver) and play online.....

berra not be....last time I bought gold on a redemption code card from Argos I used the code and any LIVE enabled profile on my 360 was allowed to use the Gold membership (that was only last year).

has something changed of late with the whole membership thing?

this time round I just used my debit card to buy my Gold subscription direct from Xboxlive.com.....could that have something to do with it as you dont get a code or anything....they just activate the subscription :pancake:

When you register for gold, you only register one profile, not all of them on the xbox. its just another way microsoft rip you off :P

By the sound of it, you've made a new profile on the elite?

nar, same profile "shawdreamer" :pancake: from my original Xbox360 transfered into my new Elite system, used the same screenie to sign into Xboxlive's website to buy the renew'ed Gold subscription.

if what you says the case then why the Fcuk did it cover all my profiles the last two times I bought it?????

It never covered all mine?!!!!! Dunno then mate :/ take McCorny's advice and call microsoft tomorrow :P

Hey!!! Anychance you have a migration cable you fancy lending me? :P

does it come with the elite system standard?

Gold only covers one account i.e. if I get gold on LiamGTR but swap to my old account "L14M0" ...that one won't have live

but yea, just give microsoft a ring in the morning...it's free

has it allways been that way?

maybe it has something to do with the fact that when I used my old Xbox360 on Gold for the first time I was using the 1 month free Live gold that came with Halo3 (maybe that automatically allows all profiles to use gold, as thats what hapened), when that ran out I instantly bought a 12month subscription and again all the profiles were allowed to use the gold access, when I renew'ed with my added card details it again worked that way.

Its only now that I let it run out and then renewed that its started this whole 1 account thingie.

as Id allways had it the other way round I just assumed thats how it worked!, Fcuk me what a rip-off this way is now!!, no wonder everyones swapping for ps3's and free online play ffs! :rolleyes:

Nono mate nothing to do with your Xbox it's always been that way, just like I dunno ....

FOR EXAMPLE:

If I bought a EVO membership under the username LiamGTR

But then re-registered under LiamRS2K

The LiamRS2K wouldn't have the EVO membership...the LiamGTR account would

aye I already get how its supposed to work, its just a bit of a volley in the gonads to find out thats the common way after enjoying 2 years of Gold access on all my profiles for the price of 1 subscription ;(

Actually, each of the profiles would have had the 1month (everyone gets a month free trial on gold, just to make you want it!) so thats probably how you had it on all your profiles!

Sorry to tell you the way it is... But we know Billy Gates dont give nothing away for free!!!!

Migration cable is the one that lets you transfer data from your old HD to the 120GB Elite drive.. Has a disk with it with software to do the transfer :thumb:

Actually, each of the profiles would have had the 1month (everyone gets a month free trial on gold, just to make you want it!) so thats probably how you had it on all your profiles!

Sorry to tell you the way it is... But we know Billy Gates dont give nothing away for free!!!!

Migration cable is the one that lets you transfer data from your old HD to the 120GB Elite drive.. Has a disk with it with software to do the transfer :thumb:

nope.....no disc In my pack.....was it supposed to be with the Elite?, all Ive got is the two variations of HD/HDMi cables