Why do my windows do this? (Picture included)

LiamGTR

I washed the car about 3-4 days ago and it's rained since, but every night/morning my car looks like this:

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/7049/photo0002d.jpg

But it is the only one in the street to do it! You can see my friends car just in the corner, the clio, and her windows are perfect!? I can hardly see a THING in the morning, and I can forget about my back window unless I put the heated screen on, and I may aswell not have wing mirrors until about half way through the day :nutter:

I've just went out now and used something I found on the net i've washed the insides and out with water + washing up liquid + a splash of vinegar ... all cleaned and wiped down with kitchen roll.

That seams to have cleared it...for now! But no doubt it will rain during the night and it will go back to how it looks in the picture! :nutter:

Any help on what to do is appreciated, and I don't want to spend £20-30 just on some magic meguires rubbish either.

P.S. The glare off street lights aswell make the car an absolute death trap to drive at night aswell it scares the rubbish out of me driving home from training!

Thanks, Liam.

mostly caused by humidity Liam, theres an accessive amount of moisture in your car (previous or unaware of leak?).

my second scort was horrendous for it so I can sympathize, I used to crack my window a millimetre at night (just so its barely a hairs breath open), it helped to minimize it but didnt stop it till I used a industrial heater on a flexi hose ducted into both sides of the car for a whole day to dry out everything.

Course it helped that I had access to such a rig via work.

It sounds like it is a leak, as when I wash the car (obviously windows up) the tops of the pass and drivers side windows get steamy/misted up so they obviously aren't shut properly

Also my healights mist up :(

For those who don't have such a rig....any recommendations on how to rectify this problem ?

yours seems to far gone for such a method as this but Ive left my car locked up but running for an hour in the day with the heaters on hot and full and only one window cracked open (worked on my ST when I left the window open all night and inside was dew covered in the mornin :unsure: ).

pointless doing anything tho till you located the source for the miosture?

have you checked the sunroof seal is intact? also, there is a channel that lets water drain off from the sunroof to the back of the car, make sure that there are no blockages anywhere, also check all rubber seals around the car.

regards to the headlights, mine did this, you have 2 options, 1 is to drill a VERY small hole in the bottom corner of the light, get a hairdryer to dry the ligt outm the reseal EVERYTHING with sealer, even the exsisting sealer

OR

seperate the light unit, clean, dry and re-seal (easier if you have time)

have you checked the sunroof seal is intact? also, there is a channel that lets water drain off from the sunroof to the back of the car, make sure that there are no blockages anywhere, also check all rubber seals around the car. Well like I say my seals around the window aren't fully touching the windows so i'm guessing thats obviously my problem? Now I just have to do something about it!?

regards to the headlights, mine did this, you have 2 options, 1 is to drill a VERY small hole in the bottom corner of the light, get a hairdryer to dry the ligt outm the reseal EVERYTHING with sealer, even the exsisting sealer I would only end up breaking it so wouldn't risk it

OR

seperate the light unit, clean, dry and re-seal (easier if you have time) It's all glued so I wouldn't risk it

if your doors arnt sealed properly then thats probably the reason for the condensation in the morning. but like i said, also check the sunroof

but with the lightsm when there not condensed up, re-seal anyways! might help ;)

Aaahh, good thinking batman!

It's not my doors just the windows, and the pass side is so obvious wher eit is the rubber is sticking up/out just need to figure out on drivers side :)

Thanks everyone

as a quick fix why not get the moisture extractors from local wilkos or similar and put in your car and take it out in the morning (its basically a pot you put a gravel like substance in and it absorbs moisture so you just end up with a pot of water int he morning) there cheap and might do the job.

my old pug was bad for it, was worse when me and my mae slept in the car (pissed up after night out) took weeks to get rid.