polish and wax

xvillax

Got the car back today after a respray :cheers:

now how long should i leave it if at all before i polish and wax

also what the best prod's(for a resonable price) i should use

and a little advise on how to go about getting a real nice shine would be appreciated

:thumb:

Protect it now whilst it's all nice and shiney and new!

All I do to get a nice shine is wax, dry, wax, admire.

When I wax I was told to buff off before the wax starts to set, but now I wax the WHOLE car before buffing it off...the car is practically white with hard wax and takes a bit more effort to take off but looks 1,000,000 x better (see my most recent pics in my progress thread)

Edited by LiamGTR

and a little advise on how to go about getting a real nice shine would be appreciated

when i got mine resprayed i were told not to wash or polish it for a few weeks

when i got mine resprayed i were told not to wash or polish it for a few weeks

thats what i believe too

so posted here so the people in the know can advise

better safe than sorry

Wash it is okay. Just don't seal it with a wax, and if you have just paid for a re spray, learn to wash it properly with lambs wool mitts and 2 bucket method, otherwise you'll just end up swirling the paint straight away

Wash it is okay. Just don't seal it with a wax, and if you have just paid for a re spray, learn to wash it properly with lambs wool mitts and 2 bucket method, otherwise you'll just end up swirling the paint straight away

i second that, if you can snow foam then even better. if its just been resprayed it should be defect free so you dont want to unecessary polish it as you'll just remove clear coat for no reason.

i second that, if you can snow foam then even better. if its just been resprayed it should be defect free so you dont want to unecessary polish it as you'll just remove clear coat for no reason.

are the lance thing expensive?

Oh rubbish sorry mate, don't listen to me :P

i was all for waxing straight away also...

good job i asked first

Lances are about £40 upwards, then you need snow foam (£15 for 5l) and that attaches to your pressure washer, just make sure you buy one with the correct fitting for your brand of pressure washer.

Lances are about £40 upwards, then you need snow foam (£15 for 5l) and that attaches to your pressure washer, just make sure you buy one with the correct fitting for your brand of pressure washer.

any recommended sites i should visit?