my old corolla

stevmo3691

I've got a video of me doing it at about 60mph on a damp racetrack with crap tyres on the rear and sticky ones on the front with no weight in the back

however even with ling long ditchfinders you'd struggle to get a fishtail in something as understeery and safe handling as a corolla, me thinks were not getting the whole story... unless ou were using bald tyres and driving exclusively on billiard smooth diesel covered ice

well it was on 185/60/14 tyres and had good firestones on the front and some cheaper ones on the back. was greasy roads. basically accelerated from a roundabout and following the curve of the road, then back end started to step out so i lifted off and counter steered, which then made it skid the other way and so on as it got worse.

i now know that in a fwd when you loose grip on the back you need to accelerate, but by taking off all pedals it made it worse

still think your were going faster than 35mph to do what you describe?

nope - a 91 corolla 1.6 doesnt accelerate that well, i was 200 yards from roundabout.

really annoying as i'd just done an engine re-build as blew headgasket but needed more work than just head. wasnt revving past 4K for safety