Rrod stage 3?

mick11

has anyone on here repaired one if so how hard was it? cheers

i fix them all the time ! get best result with formula 5 silver thermal compound and put the x clamps back on ! dont buy a ebay kit there crap !!

the x clamp is not the problem its the compound !! :thumb:

still once you get rrod thats it. it could come back any time !! i have got one i have been using for Nealy 12 month and its fine but others have gone again in a matter of hours !!

Edited by mr matty

As said they come back again even after xclamping. Theres good guides on youtube & its not over hard to attempt yourself if you read carefully & fully digest what your about to do. I have a few here that often ring again, if i leave it on red ringing for 30mins then let it cool for about the same it comes back on again. The latest 360's are cured of the problem due to better chips emmiting less heat wiith better cooling.

As said they come back again even after xclamping. Theres good guides on youtube & its not over hard to attempt yourself if you read carefully & fully digest what your about to do. I have a few here that often ring again, if i leave it on red ringing for 30mins then let it cool for about the same it comes back on again. The latest 360's are cured of the problem due to better chips emmiting less heat wiith better cooling.

not 100% cured lol !! i have a 2009-06-15 elite i have just fixed !! seems to be going well atm like ! he could have sent it back but because it was flashed he was too scared !

i sent one back a few month ago with x clamp fix bricked drive and no sticker ! i got a recon sent back :pancake:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I heat both sides for 60 seconds..

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">