da polisher

Hezz

i was a bit worried about the DA so had it on 1k at first :blush: then went to 3k when i was a bit more used to it, dead easy to use :thumb: and it got rid of a couple of small marks that polishing by hand never removed :) i used the menz final finish on a sonus sfx2 pad

no idea still how you manage to do all your detail in a day! took me about 5 1/2 hours to wash the car x2, clay it, use the DA then remove by hand :O

the details i do are all by hand mate, pretty much anyway, although ventruing into the DA world! :D

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was a bit worried about the DA so had it on 1k at first :blush: then went to 3k when i was a bit more used to it, dead easy to use :thumb: and it got rid of a couple of small marks that polishing by hand never removed :) i used the menz final finish on a sonus sfx2 pad

no idea still how you manage to do all your detail in a day! took me about 5 1/2 hours to wash the car x2, clay it, use the DA then remove by hand :O

the details i do are all by hand mate, pretty much anyway, although ventruing into the DA world! :D

Have you got a machine now Si?

I went to the DW seminar at Meg's, they demo'd a couple of polishes on the G220, it looks a nice and safe way to get into correction, you dont get the same results with the da that you would get with a rotary for the same amount of time, but the heat generated is much lower and its much safer than using a rotary. It got me thinking about buying one for when doing details that dont need much cut.

Have you got a machine now Si?

I went to the DW seminar at Meg's, they demo'd a couple of polishes on the G220, it looks a nice and safe way to get into correction, you dont get the same results with the da that you would get with a rotary for the same amount of time, but the heat generated is much lower and its much safer than using a rotary. It got me thinking about buying one for when doing details that dont need much cut.

im still shopping about mate for a machine, had a Silverline Rotary but sold that a while back, so looking to go to a DA firstly, just to learn, as you said less risk of damage, and the ease of use with them.

my golf roof is in a shocking state, so will see if i can cut it out with a polisher.

i went to a megs seminar a while back with Gaz W from DW, and they shown us some new polishes etc with the G220, and it looked very good. one of them i have now with is Megs ultimate compound, and i find this works very well even when applied by hand.

:cheers: