XBOX or PS3

MikeM

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had both.

i say 360.

yeah ps3 has blu ray, but you can download all bluray films in hd that are supported for the 360 and stream over your network.

i think the online gaming experiance is far superior than the ps3.

i found there is more people online on the 360, i prefer the dashboard, range of accesories and games.

Personally I'm an xbox gamer... People state the controller is more difficult to use but you get used it... once used to it the Ps3 controller becomes difficult to use.

I'd have xbox because:

• More games
  • Cheaper
  • Less d1ckheads on the internet service
  • Forza 3, Halo 3
  • Project Natal
  • Microsoft are finally licensing out to manufacturers of peripherals (no longer are we forced to buy MS only hardware)
  • 'N' Wireless availible instead of old wireless

Basically I'd stick with the 360 if I was looking for a decent games console.

I'd have a PS3 if I wanted an all-rounder as it's a:

• PVR (PlayTV means you can use it as a Freeview Recorder/Freeview+)
  • Bluray Player
  • Easier media sharing (360 used to be good pre-NXE update)
  • Internet Browser
  • Catch-UP TV player
  • Small->Adverage use games console
  • Gran Turismo

Although if I had the money I'd have both consoles! :thumb:

I've always played playstations and used to the controller! So when i picked up a xbox controller i didnt like it at all! But soon got used to it. So that i think isnt gonna be a problem for me now :))

I want to play GTA4 but is on both so thats ok.

Really wanna play Forza 3 too and i'm also a Halo fan

PS3 is cool and i love Gran Turismo. But still pricey!

Did look at pre owned consoles from Game but dunno if i want to take a chance? Plus they always outta stock lol

PS3..because

Games catalogues are mostly the same

Ps3 will have exclusives like final fantasy 13, heavy rain, and gran turismo 5

PS3 has blu ray and the computing power has still to reach its limit, XBOX 360 technology is pretty much maxed out now. There will have to be a new XBOX released to compete with what the PS3 will be capable of once a developer puts the effort in (like PD are with gran turismo 5)

However if all you want to do is play games that are on both consoles and you want to save cash and play with your xbox friends then get the xbox...

I really wish Forza was on PS3 :(

:roll:

I've had both. As has already been mentioned the PS3 is the better all rounder. I did prefer XBL to PSN though. In COD W@W you used to be able to check someones stats (how long they'd been playing etc) Wish you could do that on PSN.

Natal looks interesting, but in the long term it'll be pish unless your a billy no mates.

If it were me, I'd probably go for a second hand ps3.

Craig, there is no definitive proof the XBOX is maxxed out and on principle I will refuse to buy GT5 due to the fact it's taken so long to be made.

PS. The XBOX makes a hell of a noise....

PS3..because

Games catalogues are mostly the same

Ps3 will have exclusives like final fantasy 13, heavy rain, and gran turismo 5

PS3 has blu ray and the computing power has still to reach its limit, XBOX 360 technology is pretty much maxed out now. There will have to be a new XBOX released to compete with what the PS3 will be capable of once a developer puts the effort in (like PD are with gran turismo 5)

However if all you want to do is play games that are on both consoles and you want to save cash and play with your xbox friends then get the xbox...

I thought that was coming out on xbox? ?(

Xbox for me

Sums it up well, theres arguments for both, it's all down to personal taste. And for me the Xbox wins as its fun, simple as.