Apple unveils the 'magical' iPad

Brown

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The iPhone is awesome.

No no no, the iPhone isnt awesome, as a piece of technology its rubbish. Its the apps that make it popular.

Without software most / all pieces of technology are rubbish / useless including the system you are using now. What use would a PC be without an operating system?

The Iphone’s hardware is pretty damn good and is capable of many things. I don’t understand why people slag it off when the phone can be entirely unlocked to run un-authorised code. I have played with the developer’s kit and didn’t find it too bad.

Are there any developers here I wonder?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
so, to dig up an old thread, now that they've been out for 6months or so, what are peoples view on ipads now? Its not something that really interested me, but I must say I'm fairly impressed with them and can see why people like them. The company I work for have just started rolling these out and for some stuff they are pretty good, and in many aspect for what we are using them for are far superior to the tablets they are replacing. Anyone on here got one, or had any involvement with these from a corporate aspect?

"Let's make an iPhone that doesn't fit in the pocket and doesn't make calls"

"Oh, and while we are at it. Let's give every other technology manufacture the idea of selling small tablet PCs which will eat away at our sales and eventually take over leaving iPads only bin worthy"

Source: Steve Jobs... :pancake:

My mate bought one and has regretted it ever since, everytime we walk past a nice TV in currys or new laptop he just says "why the Fcuk did I buy that stupic iPad"

He is a computer tech guy for Gateshead College so I bet he is getting the most out of it, and even he regrets it.

Sorry, that's all i've got.

I assume this friend is the same "IT Geek" from Gateshead college who has had every previous iPhone as well, and tells people they're over rated, but keeps buying them... He's falling foul of apple on a relatively regular basis.

Does he by any chance have the new iPod Nano? Don't tell me............ over rated

Pointless and expensive. I cannot believe that people were sucked into buying them. A mate of mine bought one and was telling me how great it was being able to use a notepad app which lets you write down meeting notes on a virtual notepad...

USE A F*CKING PIECE OF PAPER!

My mate bought one and has regretted it ever since, everytime we walk past a nice TV in currys or new laptop he just says "why the Fcuk did I buy that stupic iPad"

He is a computer tech guy for Gateshead College so I bet he is getting the most out of it, and even he regrets it.

Sorry, that's all i've got.

I assume this friend is the same "IT Geek" from Gateshead college who has had every previous iPhone as well, and tells people they're over rated, but keeps buying them... He's falling foul of apple on a relatively regular basis.

Does he by any chance have the new iPod Nano? Don't tell me............ over rated

He buys all apples new stuff believing all the hype and thinking the next thing they make it going to be as amazing as they say, but never is.

:nutter:

Pointless and expensive. I cannot believe that people were sucked into buying them. A mate of mine bought one and was telling me how great it was being able to use a notepad app which lets you write down meeting notes on a virtual notepad...

To be fair, you could use that argument for about almost anything...

A car is pointless and expensive, WHY DON'T YOU JUST WALK!

To be fair, you could use that argument for about almost anything...

A car is pointless and expensive, WHY DON'T YOU JUST WALK!

What! 200 miles? :unsure: