superchip problem

escrt1.4i

followed the how to guide wiped off the glue off but just wont start with it on i have spoke to mike m who i got it off and he said after messaging the bloke who he bought it off its definately for a slug ecu and ran fine mike m never tested it

I never fitted it to my car. Only sold it cause i needed the money. Had i known it was faulty then i wouln't have sold it! Did you clean the contacts on the chip itself?

Edited by MikeM

mike had bought the chip off me. the chip ran perfect in my car for the 2months it was init. i never cleaned the diagnostics connector as i never wanted to damage it but it still worked fine. the only thing i can think off is that ya have damaged a connection when cleaning it.

john

mike had bought the chip off me. the chip ran perfect in my car for the 2months it was init. i never cleaned the diagnostics connector as i never wanted to damage it but it still worked fine. the only thing i can think off is that ya have damaged a connection when cleaning it.

john

not saying its faulty am willing to see if it will run on mike m's car just sayin is a possibility that is faulty,followed the guide so dont see how it can be mewh en the guide even states clean glue off all i have done with the chip is put it on ecu and tried starting it may even be car my for all i no but i not really ruling nothing out

When you think you've fully cleaned the J3 connector on the ECU, do it again, and then again.

+1 that. The gel type coating that Ford use is a b'tard to get off. Soften it using a cotton bud soaked in white spirit then scrape it off. Don't use anything too sharp as you're likely to go through the track.

check your copper tracks for wear or damage from cleaning/or excess use at ford (Has your car been plugged into the diagnostics machine a million times)

I once had a USB stick that died as its tracks wore out from too much use. I doubt that is your problem but you never know