right, next car is......

Lee R

ok, so the Golf will hopefully be gone this weekend (long story why it NEEDS to go, but it does, trust me). Ebay ends sunday with loads of interest, and someone coming to look tomorrow :)

I need to release some urgent cash from the sale, so am budgeting 'around' £2k for the next car.

Criteria.

HAS to be economical, 40mpg +

HAS to be cheap to insure

No supermini type stuff, i'd look a tw@t in it.

Would like it fairly well spec'd.

I'd like it fairly new, no old BM's, VW's etc.

I'm down to 2 cars. A Focus TDDi or TDCi, or a Pug 307 HDi.

My head tells me the Focus all day long, but the 307 seems better spec'd like for like, but the general 'french rubbish' comments you here steer me away slightly. I am open minded though, and if anyone can suggest any other cars then these 2 that fit my criteria, go for it.

Anyone has experience of owning a 307?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BMW :D

bloody hell, where you been hiding?

Craig, sort of 1998/9 that hasn't got MEGA miles on it, and it would just remind me of what I dont want to sell...

Ric, I do appreciate the A4's but at that age they just look so old :unsure:

Craig, sort of 1998/9 that hasn't got MEGA miles on it, and it would just remind me of what I dont want to sell...

To me at 2k it should be about the reliablitly and drive not how it looks, once you're sat inside you can't see it anyway :pancake:

To me at 2k it should be about the reliablitly and drive not how it looks, once you're sat inside you can't see it anyway :pancake:

I sort of see that, but I don't 'really' buy into the whole "this make car is more reliable than this make car"......if i'm honest, my Golf has been far less reliable than my old TDDi Focus for example, or my very old Cavalier diesel (remember that? :roll:) or my GTi estate etc etc etc, which would be contary to popular belief.

Get the peugeot then? may be best value for money?

yeah, think thats what I was trying to say before lol....

Focus doesn't have the spec maybe, but does have the driving experience (as good as it can be for a £2k diesel car)

What about a Saab? You loved the way your old one drove, yes will be higher miles but pretty solid cars. Value for money I think you're on the right track with a focus or 307 tbh.

What about a Laguna? I had the 1.8 petrol and it was a reliable comfortable car. Diesel tends to have a wee bit of poke coupled with a 6 speed box............EXAMPLE