right, next car is......

Lee R

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about a Saab? You loved the way your old one drove, yes will be higher miles but pretty solid cars. Value for money I think you're on the right track with a focus or 307 tbh.

What about a Laguna? I had the 1.8 petrol and it was a reliable comfortable car. Diesel tends to have a wee bit of poke coupled with a 6 speed box............EXAMPLE

hmmm, Laguna could be a good shout. Will look at them

I had the same opinion as you wwwd, but then I always said I'd never leave Ford......

MK3 Mondeo diesel? Though you might be pushing it at that budget?

yeah, there's a few about, but I 'm figuring I have no need for a car that size, hence thinking Focus instead...

Yeah, see your point. Think you'd possibly have a bigger choices of Focus' too. I've just never found the Focus massively comfortable, always preferred the Mondeo, but perhaps that's just me!

what you got against slightly older cars which cost less to buy but a little more to run? or higher higher mileage ones that are less to buy and the same to run?

But then again? can you even get the oldest highest mileage E46 diesel in the world for under 2k?

skoda fabia vrs diesel? vw passat diesel

what you got against slightly older cars which cost less to buy but a little more to run? or higher higher mileage ones that are less to buy and the same to run?

But then again? can you even get the oldest highest mileage E46 diesel in the world for under 2k?

skoda fabia vrs diesel? vw passat diesel

just don't want a car that feels old mate.

If Fabia VRS's were at this budget, there wouldn't even be this thread ;)

wwwd, I looked at E46's, but couldn't find naff all really, plus they are higher tax, and less MPG. :unsure: , specially as I'd want an auto, I have something against manual BMW's (and Saab's, Jag's etc), don't ask me why, I won't be able to explain it lol

Dan, like?