any bodyshop/ sprayers here,some info plz.

bongo

right long story short,guy reversed into my bumper he knew a guy who owns a bodyshop well known insurance certified etc. which i happen to know. any way he gave me his sons bumper recently reprayed and offered to respray my bonnet and rear bumper for £120 (good news) so went back today to get my foglight and seeing his sons frozen white mk6 cabby i jokinly asked how much for a full respray he said £200 if i prep 99% :O , ive sprayed various things before wheels skirts etc,but looking for some advice really to get it ready for a full respray,theres tiny rust spots on the boot and one arch is starting will this kurust stuff do the job as they're small spots.

thanks marc.

prep through the sanding grades of paper so remove rust with 180 throught to 500, sand rest of the car with 500. but £200 seems to cheap ........i would be a bit wary mate.

i'm a paint sprayer myself and thats mega cheap :S

he kinda owes me money as he gave me a bumper he already had he was going to spray my bonnet and blow in the wings and my rear bumper for £120,the guy who bumped me would pay the rest as he said he charges £150 a panel,he mainly does insurance jobs and after seeing his sons mk6 cabby in frozen white i have no doubt in his work,plus he's my dads mate, he said if i prep 99% he spray it he said the paint will be £100 and he'll charge me for the time in the booth,dont forget with the discount he was going to give me on the 2 panels this would take my £200 to about £380.

hang on your paying for some one that bumped your car ? get it done for nout!

no mate the guy who bumped me is mates with the bodyshop owner thats how i had a recently sprayed bumper for nothing and im getting the discount on the spray job.

resprayed bumper £150

discount on spray £180

so i got roughly £330 out of him plus new fog light and a set of ring xenon max bulbs which are great!