full respray

ganges

:mellow: right your opinions and prices please, as title, its a 1999 1.6 finess, amparo blue 67.000 on the clock, had it a year, and been a good car so far, its due its mot in march, and if it clears with no major problems, was concidering a full respray, or do i just go for the bits that need doing, and there are, front bonnet stone chips, front bumper same, rear wheel arches (no suprise there), around the rear spoiler/boot, and a few other niggling bits here and there, so what do you lot think go for full, or just get the bits done, i have got a good mechanic/body work person, and yes I know, if he is that good then ask him, but would value some input from you guys thanks in advance :cheers:

Me personally if I had the money to get a full respray rather than just sort some bits here and there...I woul get the full

:thumb: cheers Liam, that is what i have been thinking, any idea of a ball park figure, my opinion is that if i have the bits done something else will rust, so doing the bits might not be cost effective in the end, but as you say all down to money

in retro spect with the parts you need doing you will almost get u a full external respray as A decent body sprayer will blend in the car part being sprayed into the rest of the car so it wont stand out :) you could probably get away with it on a new car but not an old one.

But if your mate is a decent body sprayer then he will tell you this anyhows :) & not just paint the parts required and be done with it... Especially on a older vehicle...

Which is what most amatures do and then the person the car belongs to spends hours polishing the rest of the car to match the fresh paint job :rolleyes:

The problem with Amparo is how it reflects sunlight. I had the front bumper resprayed and it looks like a good match until you put it in sunshine - you know that thing that comes out once a year - when it looks slightly mauve compared to the wing, so I would go for a complete respray.

I enquired at a local bodyshop about a year ago for cost for respray and was told £80 - £100 per panel plus paint. I seem to remember someone on here offering resprays pretty cheap though.

A rough ball park I got when I asked on here was between £1000 for a crap job upto £2k for a glossy finish with fancy paint etc.
Wow anal Rapeage... I cud get my car acid dipped, Zinc plated, etc etc liquid primed, underbody sealed, & ( fully repsrayed by a m8 in any colour) for less than £2k

:cheers: guys thanks for the tips as stated think I will have a word with my man and see what he says, all will hinge on the outcome of the MOT, (swears loudly) :thumb:
If your mates a good body guy pending on how many years he been at it for you wont need a full respray ;)

Another idea is, get your parts sprayed up then MOP your car if your body panels are not that bad :) cud save u some £££ just not time lol

Edited by fizzwhizz