Being 'different' - Good or bad?

Stu

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its good to be different if what you achieve is good, it makes the individual feel good about themselves, a sense of achievement. When i did my car i wasn't to be different it was just something i felt i had to do, i'd never modified a car in that way before and the opportunity arose so i took it. I achieved what i wanted and the car made me smile everytime i looked at it, to me thats what it is all about :thumb:

i think 'different' is the wrong aspect of it. people want to do something or that they havent seen or tried before. its not so much different as it is an experiment. that when opinions come into it. but at the end of the day if you want to do something, no one else should be able to decide for you. unless your planning on doing something really stupid.

as for a person trying to be different, its either because they are someone who cant decide what they want to be like so copy someone who isnt mainstream or someone who just plain doesnt care what other people think.

i did the doors on my car to be different, an experiment :unsure: and the impact of the doors, on people, is the one i expected, which is good 8)

caused my car alot of problems, that it normally wouldn't have, is the down side, but whatever you do, whoever does it, there will always be someone that says, they spoilt that car, i may have done but i love it and it's different and it's mine :P :D

Something good and different could be achieved in one by not bothering to do anything at all and saving the cash for a decent car.

Like a Z4? :roll:

It's about the enjoyment of doing it for many people though. I get enjoyment out of tinkering with old cars. Yes I could go and buy a newer, probably better car for the money I've spent, but that's not always what it's about!