insurance payouts

projectrs2k

from the start

my mother bought a ford fusion last year that had been in an accident and is on the books as a class d

tonite i got a phone call about 5.45 saying she had been in an accident

she has come down the hill and car has started sliding and carried on into the wall of a garden but the car behind has done the same and ploughed into the arse end of my mothers car

damage i can see so far is knackered front bumper and lights

knackered rear bumper and boot lid

obviously she is going to ring the insurance tonite

but my question is will the payout be substacial if as it is already registered as a cat d or will it just be a case of writing the car off completely

from the start

my mother bought a ford fusion last year that had been in an accident and is on the books as a class d

tonite i got a phone call about 5.45 saying she had been in an accident

she has come down the hill and car has started sliding and carried on into the wall of a garden but the car behind has done the same and ploughed into the arse end of my mothers car

damage i can see so far is knackered front bumper and lights

knackered rear bumper and boot lid

obviously she is going to ring the insurance tonite

but my question is will the payout be substacial if as it is already registered as a cat d or will it just be a case of writing the car off completely

Id have thought it'll definetly be a Cat-c if its been arse-ended after its original Cat-d but Id also assume that given its original cosmetic write off the resale price of the vehicle would be reduced and as iirc that is how the insurance companies valuate motors nowadays she wont see as much a payout as a non-previous write off vehicle would do