This is why I buy from a garage..

Saunders

Going to write this as short and simple as possible ..

Well, where to begin. Problem after problem. :nutter:

Bought my BMW other week from a garage. Warranty etc hence why I go to a garage. I'll try shorten it.

First problem - wheel vibration at 40mph etc- Wheel balance, job done..

Second problem - bad steering vibration when braking at 40mph+ - took it there problem fixed new disks and pads.

Now, here's the unresolved problemm.

Other night, cold, at girlfriends. Started it up, was really weird and it stalled on me, and it was really 'drained', had to pump loads of revs into it. Went along and it was bumpy, foot down and it was jumping about. Came back after we been where we went, her stepdad who is a mechanic said it stunk of petrol and only reckons it was running on 3 'pots', guess he means cylinders?

Anyway, got home all fine. Then coming home from work last night, dual carriageway driving, in 3rd hitting 5k revs, it's really weird. Hard for me to describe, foot to the floor, but its not right at all. It jumps back and forth, and doesnt run smooth at all. Then that night I did a 2min drive to KFC, temp went straight up into red. So i cooled it down, took it home, called out RAC. They come out, been sat an hour so theoritcally cold, however the pressure in the water you'd think it had just been running. Either way, he released the airlock and let the pressure out, that was the problem. Run water through it and it was fine. He said the chugging was because it was overheating the engine management would have been trying to cut things down etc. So before I went to work this morning, I filled water up, drove it to work. All fine, temp was spot on and all gears running fine. Got to work and checked water few hours later when cold, was fine, hadnt lost loads etc. Drove home, was cold, and was lumpy, petrol was on 1/4, so i thought maybe its because its cold and he petrol is reading wrong. Filled it up. Still was being lumpy and weird. When idling it's really shakey too.

Ignore the spelling/grammar mistakes please.

I do have warranty at the garage, but it's about a 70 mile round trip which aint cheap! And it's inconvenient. Thought i'd post this anyway so when I find the cure it might be useful..

:vangry:

Going to write this as short and simple as possible ..

Well, where to begin. Problem after problem. :nutter:

Bought my BMW other week from a garage. Warranty etc hence why I go to a garage. I'll try shorten it.

First problem - wheel vibration at 40mph etc- Wheel balance, job done..

Second problem - bad steering vibration when braking at 40mph+ - took it there problem fixed new disks and pads.

Now, here's the unresolved problemm.

Other night, cold, at girlfriends. Started it up, was really weird and it stalled on me, and it was really 'drained', had to pump loads of revs into it. Went along and it was bumpy, foot down and it was jumping about. Came back after we been where we went, her stepdad who is a mechanic said it stunk of petrol and only reckons it was running on 3 'pots', guess he means cylinders?

Anyway, got home all fine. Then coming home from work last night, dual carriageway driving, in 3rd hitting 5k revs, it's really weird. Hard for me to describe, foot to the floor, but its not right at all. It jumps back and forth, and doesnt run smooth at all. Then that night I did a 2min drive to KFC, temp went straight up into red. So i cooled it down, took it home, called out RAC. They come out, been sat an hour so theoritcally cold, however the pressure in the water you'd think it had just been running. Either way, he released the airlock and let the pressure out, that was the problem. Run water through it and it was fine. He said the chugging was because it was overheating the engine management would have been trying to cut things down etc. So before I went to work this morning, I filled water up, drove it to work. All fine, temp was spot on and all gears running fine. Got to work and checked water few hours later when cold, was fine, hadnt lost loads etc. Drove home, was cold, and was lumpy, petrol was on 1/4, so i thought maybe its because its cold and he petrol is reading wrong. Filled it up. Still was being lumpy and weird. When idling it's really shakey too.

Ignore the spelling/grammar mistakes please.

I do have warranty at the garage, but it's about a 70 mile round trip which aint cheap! And it's inconvenient. Thought i'd post this anyway so when I find the cure it might be useful..

:vangry:

sounds like a coil pack might need replaced! friend had the same sort of problem on his bwm and i think 1 coil pack out of 6 or 8 went bad