I JUST CAUGHT A PIKEY TRYIN TO AVE OFF WITH SOME ALLOYS

shawdreamer

So as some will know I suffer with an overactive thyroid gland

Same :(

Tablets have helped me with it (Carbimazole) but I get b*stards of headaches and feel sick for around 2 hours, 30mins or so after taking them... Which I've got to "put up with" ;(

Anyway... Well done on catching one of the little f0ckers in the act!

Although on a positive... If they nicked your car pre-1.6... they won't get far before a. getting pissed at the lack of power or b. a shitty Policeman on foot catches them... :P

Carbimozole didnt work for shite with me, radioactive iodine didnt work shite with me....Beta blockers dont work unless at massive dose levels (so I have to cope with what sudden massive panic attacks randomly hit me), only option left open to me is surgery but the doc keeps fobbing me off with "the surgical option is the last resort and often only used if the thyroid becomes inflamed or at risk of becoming cancerous" :rolleyes:

when they come back for a statement i'd tell them to "do one", if they cant be ars3d to collect a few dabs or caution the little tyke then why give them one.

plus if the kid has a chat with his mates and decide to make a complaint of false imprisonment, assault. which the police will push for. you'll have given them a statement admitting it.

shoulda just put a big hat on to obscure your face gone out the other door walked round the block and knock seven shades outa the nugget and walk away. he woulda have learnt a lesson and you wouldnt be caught up in it.

Carbimozole didnt work for shite with me, radioactive iodine didnt work shite with me....Beta blockers dont work unless at massive dose levels (so I have to cope with what sudden massive panic attacks randomly hit me), only option left open to me is surgery but the doc keeps fobbing me off with "the surgical option is the last resort and often only used if the thyroid becomes inflamed or at risk of becoming cancerous" :rolleyes:

I'm surprised they didn't offer you surgery as the first option... I went to Halton Lea to be seen about it and they said they'd prefer to just take a knife to it... if not Radio-Iodine or if you must... medication.

Mines medication (Amiodarone) induced anyway... So I've got to wait around 3-12months before the medication that caused this for me to completely exit my body before I can come off Carbimazole.

I'm on beta blockers as well... as I have hereditary hypertension... These particular beta blockers also help with the Thyroid... So I have a resting heart rate of 45-60 (what it used to be) instead of 100-140 without Carbimazole and beta blockers... :pancake:

The rapid heart rate caused extreme ectopics on the verge of turning into AF... So they controlled it with the medication that caused the problems in the first place... :nutter:

I'm just glad I haven't had to go down the Radio-Iodine route yet... I don't like the sound of it to be honest... plus my thyroid was fine until the medication f0cked with it!

To make things worse I was the 1/100 that PUT ON weight instead of lost weight because of the Thyroid... I'm now loosing weight due to the thyroid coming under control :blink:

I p1ssing hate doctors... particularly the know-it-alls that cause the fricking problems in the first place.

Edited by smithyandco