is it wrong to agree with this

robbie

No, there is nothing wrong with agreeing. I agree with the majority of this article.. Every campaign needs a face, but the "try hard" likes of Bono, Geldoff and Lenny Henry seriously need to disappear.

My objections are mostly aimed at their Comic Relief appearances year on year. It's not that I don't think people in Africa need aid and support, but having seen the same problems for the last 20 odd years, it strikes me as a bit odd that no one seems to realise that throwing money at this problem isn't solving it.

On the other hand, the Haiti earthquake is one of the largest scale natural disasters that we will probably ever witness (obviously besides the Tsunami a few years ago). This is a problem I do think requires help in any way, shape or form.. the part of the article I disagree with is the part about Simon Cowell donating a percentage of his wealth. No one of any wealth should have to come out and say "I have donated £XXX to Haiti".

Africa Pees me off. these people who choose to procreate like rabits in an INHOSPITABLE landscape is pointless and cruel. There is a reason no-one lives at the south pole, you wouldnt wanna live there so why would you wanna live in these pee poor african countries

Africa Pees me off. these people who choose to procreate like rabits in an INHOSPITABLE landscape is pointless and cruel. There is a reason no-one lives at the south pole, you wouldnt wanna live there so why would you wanna live in these pee poor african countries

So you're asking them to never have sex?

Are you saying these people should pop into their little mud-hut Boots(that doesn't exist) and buy a pack of XXL jonnies when they're drinking from poluted streams and empty wells?

Are you saying these people should emigrate to another country instead of live where they were born? Sorry, but I'd be surprised if a huge amount of poor people in African countries even realise there's another world outside of theirs, let alone have the £10k to phone Easyjet to book a flight to the UK to start a new life (where they'd be racially abused anyway).

That's a really, really shitty attitude, Craig.

Obviously the situation in general is dire, and short term funraising is not the answer, but you can't blame the average Joe African who can't read, write nor feed his kids for not sorting himself out.

I thought the interview between Sting and Paxman was hilarious - most of these celebrities are massive hypocrites.

I don't see the problem donating to charities like Comic Relief though (and have done pretty much every year). Yes, on some level 'throwing money at it' might not solve the problem long term but how is 50 quid going to really effect me long term? It's worth helping if you can, and if you can't don't be all negative about it or insecure.

It's not their fault the situation is like that in Africa is it?

So you're asking them to never have sex?

Are you saying these people should pop into their little mud-hut Boots(that doesn't exist) and buy a pack of XXL jonnies when they're drinking from poluted streams and empty wells?

Are you saying these people should emigrate to another country instead of live where they were born? Sorry, but I'd be surprised if a huge amount of poor people in African countries even realise there's another world outside of theirs, let alone have the £10k to phone Easyjet to book a flight to the UK to start a new life (where they'd be racially abused anyway).

That's a really, really shitty attitude, Craig.

Obviously the situation in general is dire, and short term funraising is not the answer, but you can't blame the average Joe African who can't read, write nor feed his kids for not sorting himself out.

Well said.

You want my solution to the problem. This may offend, but erm, just die, Life can not be supported in some parts of the world so stop trying to live there.

We could help by moving them to the more hospitable areas, or helping to make inhospitable areas able to sustain life but its pretty hard when its the desert. So I think the place should just be left to become desolate like the south pole is.