Central Locking Issues

wiggsy2008

Not sure how to describe this one really,

When opening the car from locked you can here the doors opening but the central locking then closes straight away and i end up having to go in through the boot to open the doors.

Somethimes it works fine and others after turn ing the key the door locks itself straight away again.

Any thoughts

Cheers

Rich

a guess, but one ve had experience with before....

One of your door solonoids are dying, even tho your firing the CL to open one of the solonoids isnt fully moving and as the operation of either of the door solonoids on either side automatically operates the apposing door solonoid when the functional solonoid is unlatching the door and the non-functional one doesnt, the functional one automatically then returns to its original position (ergo, locked).

On the previous occassion I came across it I ended up swapping out a door latch.

Another culprit can be a faulty horseshoe sensor ring that can be found round the door lock barrel, this essentially controls the "double locking/dead locking" feature of the doors and when one of them fails in the locked position the CL will automatically keep locking the doors.

The "horseshoe sensor" can be unclipped from the lock barrel with ease and manually switched to the "unlock" position to temperorily solve the issue until you replace the sensor

One of your door solonoids are dying, even tho your firing the CL to open one of the solonoids isnt fully moving and as the operation of either of the door solonoids on either side automatically operates the apposing door solonoid when the functional solonoid is unlatching the door and the non-functional one doesnt, the functional one automatically then returns to its original position (ergo, locked).

On the previous occassion I came across it I ended up swapping out a door latch.

Does sound like the door solonoid from what you are saying. Im guessing this is a ford only part and damm expensive?

Cheers for the reply

Rich

Does sound like the door solonoid from what you are saying. Im guessing this is a ford only part and damm expensive?

Cheers for the reply

Rich

just swap out with a good latch mechanism from a scrapper, no need to give ford the chance to fleece ya :thumb: