Best SpeedCamera Detector Device?

Saunders

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as for Garmin Mobile XT...No its not a free download. but I didnt pay for it personally

+1

ill send you it over if i can find it

Hi c.thomas

ok ive found the software, but im having a small problem with the gps side of it, would it be ok to pm you with the problem?

Thanks Kev

there is no "best detector"

there is "best avoidance methods"........go on, bet you can guess.

...be a better driver and DONT SPEED!

unfair and non-legitimate speeding fines can be refutated successfully if proof of their unfairness can be produced.

saying "the speed restriction sign was obscured" is not a defence......... saying it and showing visual evidence of said sign however is.

Under british road laws it is the direct responsibility of the person in control of the vehicle to be aware of the restrictions, conditions and laws that apply to the road they are using, if in anyway that responsibility it obstructed by whatever means then and only then is the persons actions wether legal or not can be refuted successfully in a court of law.

these "camera detecters" imo only further lull the everyday driver into a even greater drop in attention while using britians highways.....I personally have turned off the camera position option on my sat-nav system as theres no point in its use.

If I get legitimately caught speeding on a clearly speed sign posted road then I deserve to be punished as Id either ignored the limit or simply not been paying attention....in either case Id be well within the realms of "driving like a tit and should be banned not fined"

If I get caught by a camera that by some means was on a road were the speed limit wasnt visably displayed Id dispute the conditions of the fine in court and aslong as my claims are backed up and genuine they'd undoubtably get thrown out.

Edited by shawdreamer

Just out of interest, with a mobile gun do they just clock you and then stop you on the spot or just throw a fine in the post?

They have to pull you over.

NO THE POLICE DO NOT HAVE TO.

A speed camera van, usually on a bridge will send you the good news in the post, it will also be talking pics.

Traffic officers, or at a speed trap using eg pro laser II, then it will be a stop and a chat.

Edited by Lordjc

genuine question - all the people who say 'don't speed'......do you really, NEVER speed? :unsure:

My answer to the question "Best SpeedCamera Detector Device?" = your eyes :) If you miss a camera, or a safety camera van, then quite simply, your observation wasn't up to scratch at that particular time, or indeed, in general.

I have to LOL at the camera comments, stealth tax etc etc etc ZZZZzzzzzzzzzz.............guess what, if you didn't get caught, they wouldn't 'tax' you.....it's the OFFENDERS fault. :) All they are doing is cashing in on law breakers......

Oh, and the above opinions come from a seriel speeder :mellow: :rolleyes:

Just out of interest, with a mobile gun do they just clock you and then stop you on the spot or just throw a fine in the post?

They have to pull you over.

NO THE POLICE DO NOT HAVE TO.

A speed camera van, usually on a bridge will send you the good news in the post, it will also be talking pics.

Traffic officers, or at a speed trap using eg pro laser II, then it will be a stop and a chat.

I was quite clear by saying "gun". A mobile gatso, or other ANPR type device, is not a gun.

genuine question - all the people who say 'don't speed'......do you really, NEVER speed? :unsure:

My answer to the question "Best SpeedCamera Detector Device?" = your eyes :) If you miss a camera, or a safety camera van, then quite simply, your observation wasn't up to scratch at that particular time, or indeed, in general.

I have to LOL at the camera comments, stealth tax etc etc etc ZZZZzzzzzzzzzz.............guess what, if you didn't get caught, they wouldn't 'tax' you.....it's the OFFENDERS fault. :) All they are doing is cashing in on law breakers......

Oh, and the above opinions come from a seriel speeder :mellow: :rolleyes:

thats kinda what I meant. I've never been done for speeding (or anything for that matter,spotless license) but the cameras main purpose is to generate revenue from people too stupid to notice the camera.

And although I speed regularly, but rarely more than 10MPH over the limit, I do it in conditions that i feel are safe (for instance on a twisty country road in the wet I wouldnt stray over 60, but on a nice long straight with no other traffic in sight I may very well do 70

...unfair and non-legitimate speeding fines can be refutated successfully if proof of their unfairness can be produced.

...saying "the speed restriction sign was obscured" is not a defence......... saying it and showing visual evidence of said sign however is.

...if in anyway that responsibility it obstructed by whatever means then and only then is the persons actions wether legal or not can be refuted successfully in a court of law.

If I get caught by a camera that by some means was on a road were the speed limit wasnt visably displayed Id dispute the conditions of the fine in court and aslong as my claims are backed up and genuine they'd undoubtably get thrown out.

Since last year any innocent driver who successfully contests a speeding allegation (ie is found Not Guilty) is now responsible for their own legal costs. As these are usually more than the cost of a ticket, they get your money whether you're guilty or not.

It amuses me that so many sheeple have also swallowed the "infallibility" propaganda of speed cameras, assume they are always operated correctly, and conclude that any motorist"caught" by one must have been speeding.

And finally; it astonishes me that so many sheeple have blind faith that those in positions of authority will always do the right thing, and will always play a straight game.

So, while I understand the sentiment, I'm afraid not speeding doesn't guarantee you won't end up with a speeding conviction.

However, the good news is that NOT speeding does minimise the probability of getting one.

i found a nice cheap one in my local halfords £9.99. its an inforad v1 (i think). doesnt pick up the pigs hiding in their vans but it does do all the fixed ones ive driven past. added to that the sat nav with built in detector and i havent been caught yet. although i dont drive like a complete moron. just a few mph above the limit and about 80-90 on the motorway when it's clear

Valentine 1, best one to go for

that's the one I'm going for, we don't really have Gatso cameras over here, fixed types anyway

but plenty of police with Laser guns and the odd white van with a mobile gatso

the full unit can be picked up off ebay for around £300

even used ones make nearly that in auctions so not really a waste of money

A lot of good reviews out there for it also a few demo videos

Valentine 1, best one to go for

that's the one I'm going for, we don't really have Gatso cameras over here, fixed types anyway

but plenty of police with Laser guns and the odd white van with a mobile gatso

the full unit can be picked up off ebay for around £300

even used ones make nearly that in auctions so not really a waste of money

A lot of good reviews out there for it also a few demo videos

someone correct me if i'm wrong , but do these types of detectors use sensors to detect laser , so if they detect it from a gun / police car its already too late ?

someone correct me if i'm wrong , but do these types of detectors use sensors to detect laser , so if they detect it from a gun / police car its already too late ?

Nope, that's basically it.

...Although I understand that TomTom are working on a new model called the TomTom Cruise which will work on Minority Report technology :pancake:

...unfair and non-legitimate speeding fines can be refutated successfully if proof of their unfairness can be produced.

...saying "the speed restriction sign was obscured" is not a defence......... saying it and showing visual evidence of said sign however is.

...if in anyway that responsibility it obstructed by whatever means then and only then is the persons actions wether legal or not can be refuted successfully in a court of law.

Since last year any innocent driver who successfully contests a speeding allegation (ie is found Not Guilty) is now responsible for their own legal costs. As these are usually more than the cost of a ticket, they get your money whether you're guilty or not.

Who's they?

Wouldn't a speeding fine go to different people than court fees?