Best SpeedCamera Detector Device?

Saunders

...unfair and non-legitimate speeding fines can be refutated successfully if proof of their unfairness can be produced.

...saying "the speed restriction sign was obscured" is not a defence......... saying it and showing visual evidence of said sign however is.

...if in anyway that responsibility it obstructed by whatever means then and only then is the persons actions wether legal or not can be refuted successfully in a court of law.

If I get caught by a camera that by some means was on a road were the speed limit wasnt visably displayed Id dispute the conditions of the fine in court and aslong as my claims are backed up and genuine they'd undoubtably get thrown out.

Since last year any innocent driver who successfully contests a speeding allegation (ie is found Not Guilty) is now responsible for their own legal costs. As these are usually more than the cost of a ticket, they get your money whether you're guilty or not.

Who's they?

Wouldn't a speeding fine go to different people than court fees?

The Establishment.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's they?

Wouldn't a speeding fine go to different people than court fees?

I never suggested it did, but - in the situation I indicated - the "they" would be members of the legal profession.

But all that's utterly irrelevant to the the point anyway.

Why should an innocent motorist find themselves significantly out of pocket for doing nothing wrong?

Could it be that, because the costs of defending are inevitably far greater the Fixed Penalty Notice, it provides a wholly inappropriate incentive for an innocent motorist to just swallow the FPN as the cheaper option?!

'Course, it makes no difference to those in Scotland because, it has its own Legal system where this has been the norm for a long time.