Suspension markings

LiamGTR

I assume its the part number from the shocks your asking for? Because I had the GMAX kit back when i had a mk6 and I remember reading the 40 FO 23L on the box, as for the other number are the rear shocks another brand? It may refer to it beign 30mm lowered, or it may not.

G MAX 40 FO 23L FRONT

This code is for 60mm springs not 40mm. The 40 does not mean they are 40mm springs the L at the end points to them being 60mm as this L is used on the majority of GMAX springs that are 60mm

If you google the "40 FO 23L" you will see that they are 60mm as a few places list them for sale

I believe the "30-195" are PI springs that are 35mm lower than standard

Hope this helps

Scott

G MAX 40 FO 23L FRONT

This code is for 60mm springs not 40mm. The 40 does not mean they are 40mm springs the L at the end points to them being 60mm as this L is used on the majority of GMAX springs that are 60mm

If you google the "40 FO 23L" you will see that they are 60mm as a few places list them for sale

I believe the "30-195" are PI springs that are 35mm lower than standard

Hope this helps

Scott

Champion reply :thumb: exactly why I didn't want to jump the gun :cheers:

Thanks all, and thanks sjoyce666.

Now i'm just wondering if it's worth fitting 60 fronts and 35 rears or if it's just going to look daft....

I remember being confused with my GMAX kit when it said 40, because I was positive I'd ordered the 60mm kit, I thought as i looked at the box "Maybe its best that i go 40mm actually with this bodykit on" so i fitted it,it went low (obviously 60mm) but it was still drivable so I kept the kit and didnt enquire as to why it said 40 on the box when i ordered the 60

I was actually tempted to buy some custom wishbones aswell but just couldn't afford buying all that in 1 go, but thanks all the same :thumb: What you think my chances are of somebody wanting to swap by 60's for 40? As I think 40/35 would look much better and would like the front slightly lower anyway as the arch gaps in the front as just massive!