F**k sake!

Saunders

I used a debit card - cancelled that.

So now I have to sit and wait, have I just given £60 away?

Have I paid £60 for some sh!te

Or, have I paid £60 for some decent fakes?

Anyway, ruined the surprise, had to tell the gf as it put me in a rubbish mood.

Edited by Saunders

You still might have (limited) protection, I'd visit MoneySavingExpert.com - they've got a lot of sound advice on money matters over there.

I've bought things before (knowingly) from sites like that and to be fair, they were decent replicas.

As I'm a web designer, it was obvious to me the website was fake as it had very subtle differences to legitimate websites. The biggest give away is the price, but the websites usually have limited contact details and there are other small clues. The fact is though the whole point of them is to look like the real deal so people use them not realising they're fakes (as you have). It all depends on which is more important - knowing the items are real or the saving of a few quid.

If you're worried in the future then a quick whois search of the website address will show whether the site originates from China. If so, then you can avoid.

Hope you get your money back mate :(

If you do go to get her another pair of boots you should buy some proper ones from Australia. Ugg boots are a generic term for this type of boot but the 'Ugg' trademark was bought by an American company and their boots are made in China anyway

The wife got some proper Australian made ones when we were out there and shes well pleased :thumb:

You still might have (limited) protection, I'd visit MoneySavingExpert.com - they've got a lot of sound advice on money matters over there.

I've bought things before (knowingly) from sites like that and to be fair, they were decent replicas.

As I'm a web designer, it was obvious to me the website was fake as it had very subtle differences to legitimate websites. The biggest give away is the price, but the websites usually have limited contact details and there are other small clues. The fact is though the whole point of them is to look like the real deal so people use them not realising they're fakes (as you have). It all depends on which is more important - knowing the items are real or the saving of a few quid.

If you're worried in the future then a quick whois search of the website address will show whether the site originates from China. If so, then you can avoid.

Or you can use this site Clicky

Or you can use this site Clicky

That's pretty useless.

:censored: Thought i'd be nice and treat the mrs' to some boots she wanted.

Googled it and this site came up, on offer, i thought bargain. Ordered them, then was a bit inquisitive as to why I had no email confirmation etc.

Did a google on them, bad reviews.

:vangry: :vangry:

No idea what to do now. :nutter:

Reviews

What have your bank said?

You may take delivery of some shitty fake ones in a few weeks.. So its not all lost i suppose.. But if you receive nothing at all then its just theft. Fake uggboots have been a big thing lately. Apparently the police have closed down 1000 websites recently that all sell them.

Yeah, so im stuck now. Thing is, I lost the password I used for my login on the site, was so angry and couldnt remember it and hit the 'forgot my password' thing. They said they sent me an email, not received nothing.

So, if they send me something, I have no claim. Because after researching it and actually understanding about the UGGs and the Australia UGG trademark, he will just say I never said they were genuine Austrlia UGG. But if I receive nothing as some reviews mention, i'll take it from there.