when did you leave home?

dutchkev

as title really, im curious more than anything

i was a late bloomer and moved out when i was 21 year old (now 26. nearly 27) - moved from st helens to tamworth to be with our dorris. im now living in a 3 bed semi and i gotta say, the freedom is fantastic - there aint anything better than having your own place!

the ball and chain's brother is 22 and he still lives with mummy, and by the look of it, always will

my younger sister left home when she was 19 - she now has a 2 bed terrace house, yet my 28 year old sister still lives with mum X(

only 1 of my friends has moved out, and he was about 23-24 when he did.

so - when did you guys move out? or if you havnt, do you plan on doing so?

Edited by dutchkev

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I originally moved out when I was 16 after having a massive brawl with my dad when he came home drunk one night.... (trying to hit the mummy)

Lived in a council flat for 12 months, after that, solved differences, moved back home.... then a year later, met someone, moved to Manchester when I was 18, lived there till I was 21, broke up with him... Met Martin & now still live in Manchester..........

so I was an early bird really. :)

Brother moved out when he was 23, had to move home again for a bit as he was fucked over by his ex....... but now living in Warrington. :)

Edited by Lee_2f2f

officially 17

unofficially I was living alone and taking care of myself and a house from age 14/15.

mum was a fat waste of space that raised her hand to me once to often and got a shock when her 10yr son got sick of the massive fat hand bruises on his skin and stopped running away, turned around....and one dig launched the fat tub of useless lard (course my dad kicked my arse well and truely when he got back from working away....didnt have the heart to tell him she was cheating with his current best mate while he was away and she'd been belting me to make me keep my gob shut)

only work he could get was hundreds of miles away so that left me to fend for myself and younger brother once he found out about her and booted her arse out....... sounds rough.......but I was laffin my arse off as her massive rear bounced off the kerb, still brings a grin to my mush even now :D

I went to uni for 2 years in august 03 but then went back home for year and a half before moving south.

So does 20 count or 23?

The freedom is amazing, I have more rooms than I know what to do with, stay up as late as I can, pay a horrendous amount in council tax, bills and mortgage. Hmm, living with parent has its advantages.

Edited by Trig

I was 17 the first time, didn't work so moved back in with the rents and gave it another go when I was 19. That lasted as long as the relationship did, moved back again when I was 23, same year met someone and moved in with her.. lasted 9 months then back to the rents, then decided I'd had enough so last time I moved out I was 24 (now 25, 26 in July).

Since then, I've moved around 3 different properties as I'm picky.. now me and the fiancee have a tidy little bungalow in Wellingborough (rubbish hole) but we're moving back to Milton Keynes on the 1st March to a tidy 3 bed semi which I can't wait for. Won't be moving back in with the 'rents again! Not unless the misses is coming with me and the 'rents have buggered off! :D

I left at 17 1/2 into the air force, my room at home remained for a year or so and i'd stay in it while visiting friends etc

Then when I was 19 me and the wife (gf at the time) got ourselves a flat in Dundee (8 miles from my RAF base,300 miles from our families) and that was that. just over a year after that we got married and moved into a RAF house and we've been in RAF houses ever since. Although it is our plan to get into the property market ASAP

My elder brother STILL lives at home (Hes nearly 28 FFS) and my younger brother lives with his GF in a house paid for by the benefits people because they have a kid and barely any money. If my nephew wasnt on the scene he'd definately still be with mum.