when did you leave home?

dutchkev

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Moved out when I was 18 after a row with the old man and moved into a bet-sit, then moved into a brand new 1 bedroom flat which i sold, moved into a 2 bedroom house, sold that then moved into a 3 bedroom flat.

Moved upto Warrington and bought another 3 bedroom house which I still live in.

So not bad.....

Still see the old man but not to often as mum and dad are now rebourn christians :rolleyes: can't wait to tell them God doesn't exist :devil:

i dont think you are a late bloomer by moving out at 21 Kev... lots of people stick around for a long time now, my sisters 26 and still at home with no signs of her moving on much to my parents dispair. Many of my friends are also all at home still...lots dont contribute financially at all to their home so have no need to move out and 'waste; cash.

I moved out for uni at 18, moved home breifly at the end of it this summer and then moved out again in October and Im very happy I did so.

Left home for spain when i was 18, returned the same year (still 18) and lived at home ever since! im 24 now, dont find it too bad living at home as me, my mum, dad and bro all work different shifts so its not all that crowded!

Was planned to move out and buy a house early this year but only reasons i havent moved out just yet is im not too sure on my job security (Toyota :innocent: ) and i think im finally ready to make a commitment and move in with the girlfriend!..... Oh and that small deposit needed to buy a house as i dont plan on renting if i can stick around at home and get some money behind me!

So living at home does have its perks, but saying that im really itching to have MY own place either this year or next!! :thumb:

18 , got married a week later and before anyone says owt ... celebrating our 25 wedding anniversary in 11 days

congrats on that mate :thumb:

I’m 20 and still at home with parents, currently going college which is only 10mins up the road so no need to move out due to that. I think I’ll probly either move out in the next year and get a house with mates or wait til after my course has finished and got a job before moving out. But at the minute I don’t have any motivation to move out other than "it’s what you do around my age" lol :P

I'm 20 and away at uni now, got a student tenancy in a house. Go home for summer, etc. to work, but don't know what i'll do once my course is finished. Probably pay my parents rent at home until I find a job stable enough to move out on.

Looking forward to it, loving having a student place - there's never a dull day.

I'd recommend to anyone to get saving for a house as soon as you're able to. Buy one as soon as you can afford to, whatever it is!

+1.

Moved out when i was 18. Went to uni in swansea for 4 years. Moved back to London for a few months before realising how shite it was, so moved down to Southampton with a few mates with the aim of getting pissed and partying for a year. Ive now been here for 6 years, and am married with a mortgage. Life over. :pancake:

Only 17 and still living at home.

Was hoping to rent a flat closer to work, as im doing a 40 mile round trip per day at the minute.

But by the looks of it, you lot will advise me to save my money and buy. Which I can see being the more sensible, will have to see how things go in the next few months/year.

16, now 22.

Love it!

Shame I couldn't do it sooner without being forced to have Social Services check up on me or try and put me with foster parents.

But at 16 no-one else had a legal say in what I wanted to do so I did it! Everyone said I'd regret it... but I don't! I have never looked back!