when did you leave home?

dutchkev

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 17 and still living at home.

Was hoping to rent a flat closer to work, as im doing a 40 mile round trip per day at the minute.

But by the looks of it, you lot will advise me to save my money and buy. Which I can see being the more sensible, will have to see how things go in the next few months/year.

im still at home, i do a 50 mile round trip used to be a 75 mile round trip 5 days a week...still cheaper than renting

i moved out when i was 18 moved in to my grandparents when they passed away sold house 2 years later moved back to mothers for lil while then moved in with missus split up year later and now in a rented bedsit but looking to buy a mobile home once i find a site for it or move to southampton pending on job

But at 16 no-one else had a legal say in what I wanted to do so I did it!

You're a minor until you're 18, not 16.

Yes, but you have the right to tell social services to feck off at 16.

If you want to leave home at 15... social services stick their heads in.

If you want to leave home at 16... social services try, but can't do anything legally about it.

In the courts you can be tried as an adult at 16... So in the eyes of the law technically your no longer a minor once you reach 16.

went to college at 18 and stayed till 22 went home a few weekends, left college moved to dublin in 1996 and rented for a few years wasn't to bad as my job envolved leaving dublin on monday and 2 of us worked throughout Ireland monday-friday and returned to dublin on friday evening.

left dublin in 2000 and moved in with GF in midlands and rented for 1-2 years, bought a 3bed detached house in a town in 2003, (since doubled in value) kept that house and i am now renting it out it just about covers morgage.

Bought a 5 bed detached about 3 miles outside town in 2006 and i have never looked back, nearly 2k a month for both morgages but hey keep paying until i cannot afford it anymore and if the worst comes to the worst sell 1 of the houses.

Still have my room at home if the worst comes to the worst :). My advice to anyone is move out a purchase when u can afford it not beforehand or else you are always playing catch up

Only 17 and still living at home.

Was hoping to rent a flat closer to work, as im doing a 40 mile round trip per day at the minute.

But by the looks of it, you lot will advise me to save my money and buy. Which I can see being the more sensible, will have to see how things go in the next few months/year.

Depends.... I moved out to save myself a 45mile round trip a week as fuel costs plus the £50 a week mother wanted for me to live at home added up to more than I pay for rent here... I only pay £70 a week for my shared house...includes bills, council tax and even a cleaner!! Cheaper than when I was at uni! So yeah... apart from buying food on top of that it works out no worse financially for me to have moved out