Thought 'Chip & Pin' was safe?

smithyandco

I've always known its not safe..But then neither are the cash machines so when your withdrawing cash from there your card could be being cloned.....But I don't give a hoot since the bank refund the defrauded money with just a 5 minute phonecall.

I cant wait until payment is taken by thumbprints or chips under your skin or something futuristic like that

Just heard about this on the news.

As previously stated with cash machines there is fraud.

You can go in bank and sign for your withdrawel but then get your wallet pinched.

There is no real safe way to pay for anything really.

Sad how the world has come to this really.

I cant wait until payment is taken by thumbprints or chips under your skin or something futuristic like that

Will be great when you don't have to remember these pins, codes and passwords :curse:

Ended up calling my dog ROxy192 because it had to include numbers :blink:

Just heard about this on the news.

As previously stated with cash machines there is fraud.

You can go in bank and sign for your withdrawel but then get your wallet pinched.

There is no real safe way to pay for anything really.

Sad how the world has come to this really.

soon mike we will all have cars like yours ! and you will stand prowd and say i was the first ! :thumb:

So the fake card has to be connecteced with wires to the stolen card in the backpack.

Hmmmm

1)you have to physically steal my card

2)I have to not realise it is missing and have it cancelled

3)The guy in the shop has to not notice that there are wires attached to my card

All this is possible but come on it's a number game here. Would we rather banks spent tiem and money fixing this relatively low probability situation or trying to solve the massive problem of card not present fraud? I know where I'd ask them to concentrate.

I think I'll be fine.

I always thought those Chip and Pin machines were total wank.

When you're standing there in a supermarket, there's no cover for when you type in your pin! Every man and his dog can bloody see the number you're entering!

Totally.

When I worked in retail I could see everyone's pin unless they covered it with their hand. Security cameras in stores will see everyone's pin as well. Stupid old ladies would hand me bits of paper with their pin on it so that I could enter it for them since they were to blind/stupid/generally old to do it themselves.