Working hours help

Jay.Gti

Hi all,

Hope someone can help as im getting a bit confused lol.

Right cut the long story short, basicly i work a 9 and a half hour day at work (contracted hours) had a meeting today about the night shift starting on monday with the hours of work the same 9 and a half hours.

Ive had a look on a few websites and there saying it should be 8 hours of night work within 24 hours.

My Manager stated today that there not breaking any rules at all, we all have a meeting again tomorrow about planning the shift etc so any info for now would be helpful so i can have a rant tommorow :D

Thanks

Are you gettting paid any extra for 9.5 hours over the night instead of the day?

What do you mean by nights anyway?

My shift pattern is.

2 12 hour days, followed by 24 hours rest

2 12 hour nights followed by 5 full days rest

2 12 hour days followed by 24 hours rest

3 12 hour nights followed by 4 full days rest

3 12 hour days then 24 hours rest

2 12 hour nights followed by 5 days rest then back to the top

My pay is a salary and is no different to any other job in the airforce I could do (I used to work 5 9.5 hour shifts with only a 2 day weekend...now I get a 4 or 5 day weekend every 4 or 5 days of work)

Are you gettting paid any extra for 9.5 hours over the night instead of the day?

What do you mean by nights anyway?

My shift pattern is.

2 12 hour days, followed by 24 hours rest

2 12 hour nights followed by 5 full days rest

2 12 hour days followed by 24 hours rest

3 12 hour nights followed by 4 full days rest

3 12 hour days then 24 hours rest

2 12 hour nights followed by 5 days rest then back to the top

My pay is a salary and is no different to any other job in the airforce I could do (I used to work 5 9.5 hour shifts with only a 2 day weekend...now I get a 4 or 5 day weekend every 4 or 5 days of work)

Money wise as far as im aware we will be getting a shift allowance.

Basicly it will be normail Mon-Fri

Edited by Jay.Gti

Check your contract.. If you have not signed a clause saying you dont mind working over 48 hours a week then you can refuse to work no more than 48 or work more than 48 but anything over 48 must be paid as overtime.

Any security company had an over 48 hour clause.