Question?

Mr. Nick

Wondering, if the centre of the dash can be moved around?

EG. Where the radio is, move it to where the vents are and the vents to where the radio is supposed to be?

Is it possible? (dont want none of that - with the right time, money and patience anything can be achieved crap)

As i'm thinking it'd be a different mod?

Wondering, if the centre of the dash can be moved around?

EG. Where the radio is, move it to where the vents are and the vents to where the radio is supposed to be?

Is it possible? (dont want none of that - with the right time, money and patience anything can be achieved crap)

As i'm thinking it'd be a different mod?

you just answered you own question!

extend the loom for cd player move the pipes and vents for heating and get it blended in to look ok takes time and money

My mate said 'the layout of your car is doing my head in, i'm gonna move it'

But... i'm tempted to keep him away and do it myself, especially if i put a flip up lcd in there..

Will look strange, if i moved the heater dials down to where the radio is housed, then the vents down to where the heater dials were, then the radio to where the vents are? :)

Will go the scrappy and have a look at the layout behind it all, as i think it would look really good.. unfortunatley it will advertise your radio/headunit to all the scumbags of this earth!! :(

I think you'll have bother trying to get the vents re-routed, iirc, there's just a big plastic outlet that the dash vents sort of click into, you'd probably need to chop off the outlets that the vents click onto and block it up, then run some tubing down to the bottom and somehow make the outlets fit onto the tubing then onto the vents. I don't really think it would be worth the hassle as to do that, you'd probably need the dash out.

Moving the heater vents will be a complete waste of time, moving the CD/DVD player up though is a good idea if you're into that kind of thing. Just take the heater vents out,hack the heater ducting apart and blank it off so you can fit the player in the vent holes (itll need a way of being secured and youll have to watch out for the heat behind it coming from the remaining hot pipes)

It wont be easy,and unless your good with fillers and things then I'd leave it to the pros or forget about it, then there is the problem of "what to put where the cd player went"...3 gauges come to mind

a mate of mine moved his vents down there for a screen fitment heres a pic

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/9618/dash2mz8.jpg

You alright mate? ;) nice on for the pic, its like that, but instead of just a screen, i'd like a flip up cd player with lcd if you get me?