Declaring a car as scrapped.

mykez69

Its becoming an effort to get my car shifted so I am going to just cut it up and weigh it in at the scrap metals place in Derby.

How do I delcare as srapped? there is nothing on the logbook and nothing on my tax renewal letter?

Can I just cut it up load it in my mates van and weigh it in at an authorised treatment facility?

I cant weight it in. It needs to go in parts.

So I need to register it as scrap my self.

I have found the section I need I think.

On the new keeper section, 17/18 I just tick the box then input a date yes? Then I have nothing to do with this vehicle?

Can I get backdate that bit as I haven't delcared it SORN for a while lol

Have ya not managed to get something to roll it on yet

No mate. Can't find anything.

It wont take long to chop up and I can get a van, so just going to do that.

A mate will help me then we just go halves on whatever we get for scrap.

Yep, thats the way Mike, date, sign and tick the box, thats how i've done all of mine :)

Perferct, thanks Ian.

Phone your local scrap METAL merchant (Not necesarily a car scrapyard) and ask them to come collect it. I have done this half a dozen times. they rock up in a van with a crane on it, hoik the car in the air (so a lack of wheels is no problem) and hand you a wad of cash. I got an average of 100 quid per car, last car i scrapped was this time last year and I got 80 for it, the guy drive 45 miles to come get it for that money

Just remember to tell them it lacks wheels

As for the V5 its the yellow section IIRC, You dont need to know too many details of the scrap merchant for the form since the scrap merchant also notify the DVLA, and as for the road tax.....Your liable for that so you may find a charge coming your way

Search google for your local DVLA approved vehicle dismantler. the one I used was Henry Gray and Sons in Kirkcaldy

Yep, thats the way Mike, date, sign and tick the box, thats how i've done all of mine :)

thats what ive done aswell and its always been perfect, my bike wasnt taxed or sorned for about 2 years when i got it, and i never heard anything ;)

and apparently, a little birdie told me scrap is going upto £200 a ton in march ;)

Phone your local scrap METAL merchant (Not necesarily a car scrapyard) and ask them to come collect it. I have done this half a dozen times. they rock up in a van with a crane on it, hoik the car in the air (so a lack of wheels is no problem) and hand you a wad of cash. I got an average of 100 quid per car, last car i scrapped was this time last year and I got 80 for it, the guy drive 45 miles to come get it for that money

Just remember to tell them it lacks wheels

As for the V5 its the yellow section IIRC, You dont need to know too many details of the scrap merchant for the form since the scrap merchant also notify the DVLA, and as for the road tax.....Your liable for that so you may find a charge coming your way

Search google for your local DVLA approved vehicle dismantler. the one I used was Henry Gray and Sons in Kirkcaldy

Sorted the v5 thing now.

I cant get anything to get to the car due to the location of the car.

It has to be cut up. There is no way at all I can shift the car lol

they rock up in a van with a crane on it, hoik the car in the air (so a lack of wheels is no problem)

:(

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p89/adolftitler/scott1.jpg

Oooooh was that yours?

:(