Cracked screen!!!

Norcostreet

I was pootling down the m62 yesterday, not over the limit. Went past a lorry in 2nd lane and the damn thing flicked a large stone at the bottom of my screen. Ended up with a gouge and an 8 inch crack under the passenger wiper blade. :censored:

Paid £75 for a new one today but ive heard rumours of claims being won against lorry companys.

Any info on this? :blink:

Everybody wants a claim-up! No wonder insurance costs the earth!

My initial reaction too tbh

In any event, same thing happened to me (also on the M62) and I even copped for a gob full off the Highways Agency when I chose to stop on the hard shoulder.

Bad times, but happens to us all I suppose.

Im just narked at the driver really cos he lane weaved into the hard shoulder and flicked a load of crap onto the motorway and my car. He was either falling asleep or using his fone while driving (complete numpty!).

Id love to claim but i cant remember the reg number and id get no-where anyway.

Hopefully it doesnt happen again

Im just narked at the driver really cos he lane weaved into the hard shoulder and flicked a load of crap onto the motorway and my car. He was either falling asleep or using his fone while driving (complete numpty!).

Id love to claim but i cant remember the reg number and id get no-where anyway.

Hopefully it doesnt happen again

alternatively he got 'thrown out' of the 'tracks' in lane 1 caused by HGV's that our road tax doesn't go towards Fcuking fixing :censored: :nutter:

also, lesson to be learnt here.

don't 'pootle' on a motorway, and don't sit behind lorries doing 56mph. :cheers:

I was in 2nd lane doin 75 and the nugget was in the first lane doin an impressive 60. At that point on the road, there were no tracks that could have thrown him out of the lane. He weaved onto the hard shoulder as i got 10ft away from overtaking. Thats when the stone got flicked at my window. I did notice his arm propped up against the window as i passed his cab, so either falling asleep or on the nacking fone. :glare:

As for following behind lorries, i wouldnt dare think of doin that. I value my life

Lesson learned, drive in the outside lane along with the berks in mercs/satnav loving :curse: and speed demons

if we sued everyone who spat out rubbish along motorways whilst driving we would be american. Whether he swerved to miss a pot hole, was playing on his phone, or falling asleep has beggar all to do with the road having rubble on it - its a road FFS

Annoying yes, but one of those things we have to deal with.