Standard Ford RCL not working.

MikeM

Righty, Have done a search and got 17 pages but could find a definate answer.

My GTi has been fitted with remote central locking. It has a seperate fob with two buttons. When i press the buttons nothing happens. Fitted a new battery and the light works on the fob now but still not opening the car? There is a second red light on the dash like the one on the clock which doesn't flash. BUT :D The other day whilst running my power cable for my amp, i pushed on the keys in my pocket and the car locked itself and then unlocked. Then the alarm went of! So unlocked the car and it stopped and the second red light was flashing? Since then it hasn't worked?

Also the interior light has been replaced with a Ghia one! Should i have the one with the IR sensor on it?

Any ideas / help would be great Thanks :)

Is the alarm a GTI Auto Alarm.

Sorry mate, What do you mean?

In the history it has a reciept for the alarm being fitted at Ford. I have a seperate fob on my keys, Alarm sounder thingy in in the engine bay and i have a second red light on the dash like the one near the clock. The guy i got the car from replaced the interior light to a Ghia one? So was wondering if he didn't realise and got rid of the IR sensor? He did say he never used the fob etc as he had a bad experience with a previous one on his Si?

Are all ford alarms operated by IR?

Edited by MikeM

On the glass do you have a sticker that says GT Auto Alarm.Or on the fob does it say GT.My gti has a gti auto alarm fitted, in the dash will be a fuse holder with 4 fuses in it.Take drivers kick panel off also the trim round the fuse box held on by about 6 screws.Look for a load of wires taped together,mine are black amongst all the wires your find the fuses.When mine played up found fuse blown also the holder was damp,used some contact cleaner on the fuse holder wd40 will do.

On the glass do you have a sticker that says GT Auto Alarm.Or on the fob does it say GT.My gti has a gti auto alarm fitted, in the dash will be a fuse holder with 4 fuses in it.Take drivers kick panel off also the trim round the fuse box held on by about 6 screws.Look for a load of wires taped together,mine are black amongst all the wires your find the fuses.When mine played up found fuse blown also the holder was damp,used some contact cleaner on the fuse holder wd40 will do.

Ok cool mate. There is a sticker in the window but cant rememeber what it says. Will take a look when i pick it up later. Cheers mate