Random wheel wobble

cabbstar

hey all

as im driving from time to time out of the blue ill get a wheel wobble on the left hand side which lasts fot like a minute then stops,i checked the wheel studs and they are tight.at first i put it down to icy roadsas it started when we has snow and ice the other day then stopped when it had gone, but it did it today in normal weather conditions.

any ideas where to look after i finish work tomoz?

also i think i have a drive shaft on its way out or poss just dry, it clicks on full lock to the right ( but in reverse only so guess that means left )

try your track rod ends for loose steering wheel / loose wheel effect.. If your wheel nuts were loose youd usally hear a repetitive noise, similar to havin gravel stuck to ur tyre or tarmac :)

usally if u turn your steering both ways fully locked in a car park and drive slowly forwards then thats usally best way to see if shafts have gone.. SEe if ur cv boots are leaking out grease, whilst your under there :) , just incase they are :)

Edited by fizzwhizz

well found out what it was today :(

was driving along and heard a few tings ( like small stones hittin underside of car ) so thnough nothing of it, got to traffic lights stopped then moved off, next thing i hear is a louder thud so stopped to look. saw nothing on the floor so got back in to drive away.moved no where, the driveshaft has fallen out from the hub end. looks like the tings were all the bearing etc.

so now need a new drive shaft :( fingers crossed nothing else )