PC gone mental

duffa

I remember this when it was on the news , so do other religions have to follow ? .. Jews not allowed to wear them funny little hat things , Muslims sacked for wearing Hijabs ???

clicky

Discuss !!!

Edited by duffa

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical right wing propaganda.

BA just banned the use of things around the neck, it doesn't matter what it is. It could be a necklace for any religion for all BA care.

It's hardly as if BA actually turned around and said "Christianity is not allowed".

Another cleverly worded article to bring out the hate towards others.

I personally think all symbols of faith on a person should be banned, hell, I would go as far as saying ban religions, would solve a lot of problems in the world.

Agreed.

this is what the judge said..And IMO it a correct and fair statement

"The case reflects "problems which can arise when an individual asserts that a...practice adopted by an employer conflicts with beliefs which they hold, but which may not only not be shared but may be opposed by others in the workforce.

"It is not unthinkable that a blanket ban may sometimes be the only fair solution," he said."

However, "Practices adopted by religious people of all types" offend me. So I think they should ban all religion

This would never happen to other religions though. A muslim would not be told they cant take a break from work at random times in the day to pray, as that would be called discrimination. So other employees have to work around the muslims pray time..... Work is for working, not for praying.

Meh, can't be arsed with it. It'll never happen

I personally think all symbols of faith on a person should be banned

I honestly couldn't give a damn if she wore thor's hammer around her neck, as long as she did her job well.

IMO she's entitled to wear what she wants providing that it complies with the uniform, if anything around the neck is banned then so be it. She could always wear it as a bracelet or just in a pocket.

I personally think all symbols of faith on a person should be banned, hell, I would go as far as saying ban religions, would solve a lot of problems in the world.

However, "Practices adopted by religious people of all types" offend me. So I think they should ban all religion

what? why is your opinion more important than a religous persons, or anyone elses for that matter? surely 'banning religion' ( :rolleyes: ) would in turn offend christians/muslims/jedi's, which would make your point a bit hypocritical.

people just need to be a bit more tolerant of each other and realise that everyone has different views and opinions.

Well you see, no-one cares what offends the great british majority. And I dont care that they dont, it's not worth my time to worry about it. but you can't deny that without religion the world would be a better place. A lot of the wars that have gone on over the years have been down to religion

What stirs the pot and causes a lot of problems along side this, is the simple things that happen. For example, a woman wearing her bed sheet can walk into a petrol station or bank covered from head to toe with there being no way of identifying who is underneath.. but a motorcyclist or someone wearing sports gear (a hoody - no not a chav, they're a totally different problem) must remove the articles for security reasons.

It's basically stating that religion is above the law..

In my book, the book of 'All religion is a joke, get over it', that is a complete and utter threat to not only household security, but national too.

Edited by Stonah

Let's face it, christmas isn't about it being a religious celebration, lmao, bring on the MAHOOSIVE dinners and mountains of grub!

exactly, Xmas has had nothing to do with religeon as long as I can remember, same goes for easter etc etc.

Ban all religion?

I'm quite partial to Christmas myself.

I assume some of you just sit at home with no decorations, presents or lunch on December the 25th..... It being a religious celebration an' all.

Xmas has replaced Christmas to many people/homes.. Xmas being the celebration of being with loved ones and sharing gifts, getting incredibly pished and laughing at the old folks passing out with their teeth chattering as they snore..

Christmas being something to do with Christians and Jesus Christ - personally I couldn't care less about this.

I'm sure Jesus wasn't eating a 12lbs Turkey with stuffing and all the trimmings on that day, so what does that have to do with anything?